Scion XB Forum banner

you have questions and ill have answers

18K views 60 replies 10 participants last post by  xbdetailguy 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys I've been part of the site for a bit and as my screen name shows yes I'm a professional detailer,From the basics to advanced highspeed polishing wet sanding headlight restoration and even rim repairs. ..I can always offer my advice ima 15yr veteran in the industry from everyday cars to high end exotics to show cars so feel free to ask for advice I'm not trying to sell anyting so don't take it that way I'm here to offer tips to fellow xb owners (I have a 2012 myself) and help you guys with being able to do it yourself. I feel every car enthusist should want to know how and what to use to diy so feel free and ask ill help you all out :)

#2 ·
I've been starting getting into this. I've spent waaaay too much money the past 8 months on detailing products.

What are some of your favorite products (i.e. polishe/pad combos, waxes, sealantes, etc)? I've applied some Menzerna Powerlock and I really dig the look! I've been using Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate Plus, and I like that a lot!

#3 ·
well for exterior work I like stuff from chemical guys they're line up is great that's what I like at home..work is a different story alota guys request meguirs n mothers I try not to use these as much but with reputation and advertising that's what ppl know.. but when talking pads it all depends on the job are u talking light highspeed polishing for light scratches and shine or a DA polisher for cleaner compounds and shine ups lol there's so many options and factors on this topic lol the more specific the better I can help

#4 ·
Thanks detailguy. Always nice to have a pro around. I personally am a bit lost when it comes to waxing/polishing. All I have ever done is wax by hand but I just can't obtain that awesome showroom look that i'm hoping for. And at certain times of the day when the sun hits my car just right, i can see swirls and it drives me crazy. Any tips for me to help prevent those swirls?

#5 ·
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_GAP_106_All_In_One_Polish_Shine_p/gap_106.htm..... check this outa good start if ya don't mind spending money on quality product the Vseries compounds are awesome alotya stuff feom these guys I use at home and I prefer over off the shelf products..again not an advert but when asked ill gladly share what I use and these compounds are some of my favourites. .. pad wise a good waffle pad for any degree cutt ing from soft polishing to heavy cutting waffle psds u can use less product and I find better heat dispersion than flat pads...and thrres always yourvtrusty wool pad for a good cleaner and light to med scratch removal

#6 ·
Nice... do you like the wash/wax combos?

I suck at protecting my car's clear coat, etc, are there anythings I should definitely always avoid as a rule of thumb- ie water spots becoming permanent, or something?

Lastly, what are your thoughts on Paint protection film, PPF

#10 ·
I actually stopped by the Chemical Guys warehouse when I was in California! Cool spot, that's for sure! I bought more than I intended, but I have product to last me YEARS!
I picked up a Porter Cable 7424XP and have been playing around with the Meguiars microfiber system. I've used it on my Infiniti Q45 with good results!

So many products available!

#11 ·
I always take my cars to a local hand car wash. I have very hard water and it would be nearly impossible to not leave spots.

#13 ·
So my girls xb got keyed. It looks like it's just the clear coat. Haven't done anything to it yet. What can I do to try to save it? It's a long one. Front fender and both doors

#15 ·
#16 ·
nice... well it can be done without a buffer if ya buy some compounds you will want a heavy cut a medium cut and a light/swirl remover cut and 3 foam wax pads and a microfiber xloth from wiling away compounds... with heave cut first like waxing small circular motions with heave pressure youl feel the area heat up wich is good anf u should see the white start to fade and then u work your way to medium cut to the light you can find videos online how to do it but its a basic way of removing scratches without a machine and is very effective. ..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.