This is a step by step on how to custom upholster your door panels. Ill start with how to remove the door panel then get into the upholstery work.
1. The supplies you will need. Fabric, 3M Super 77 adhesive spray, Masking Tape, Utility Knife, Plastic Putty Knife, and cleaning wipes.
Door Panel Removal.
1. Remove screw in door pull.
2. Then behind the door pull is a wire harness that you need to unplug.
3. Then remove the plastic hand guard behind the door handle and remove that screw as well.
4. Then remove the tweeter by pulling from the bottom out. There is also a wire harness on the tweeter remove this as well. Be care full the wire harness is short.
5. Next remove the door panel by grasping the door panel from the bottom and pull out and up. Be advised if this is the first time you are taking off your door panel it will be tight. After you pull it off the door it'll still be connected by the door handle wires.
Push out from the front bottom first then it will slide out. Do not attempt to detach wires from the handle it is hard to put back and is much easier to push put from the front to the back.
6. Finally the door panel is off. Repeat for all doors the back are the same as the front just minus the tweeter step.
Now upholstery work.
1. First prep door with cleaning wipes so the masking tape will stick, if your like me I use alot of Armor All, it makes it hard for anything to stick to it.
2. Next tape off plastic around the fabric piece to protect it from adhesive overspray. Trust me you'll thank me for the extra prep work when your done, if you skip these steps it makes a large nasty mess on the door panel.
3. Next cut a piece of fabric close to the same size of the panel about 2 inches extra on all sides. Then spray the fabric piece and the fabric on the door panel. Disregard the type of adhesive in the first pic I didn't have the 3M spray yet so I had a stand in bottle.
4. Next allow the spray to become tacky app. 1 minute
5. Then Carefully lay the fabric on the door, from the middle and work it to the edges, taking the plastic putty knife and pushing the fabric down into the gap all the way around the door panel. Take your time this part is important. No need to cut it'll lay in just right.
6. Next take your utility knife and being very care full cut the fabric at the bottom of the gap between the fabric and the door.
7. Then remove the tape and extra fabric you just cut off.
8. Next take a flat head screwdriver and work it down in the gap.
9. One door panel down three to go!
Once you get it all together the final look.