Scion XB Forum banner

Wrecked maybe totaled

8K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  TARDIS 
#1 ·
This is pretty sad and they are goin to fix it if it doesnt cost too much and get totaled out. i was going to my buddies after captain ds n i was probably doin 20 but where the pavment goes to gravel i droped it down to 15 or 12 cause its so loose my friend was behing me and another was supposed to be at the house waitin with his 99 toyota tacoma extented cab, i rounded the first blind corner to the left with undergroth and brus almost touching each side of the gold mica paint, and i see his damn truck coming straight down at me mabey a 100 feet away at about 25 n we ended ut with the 2 frames locked together at the front the hood bent a foot up from its normal place in the middle and my front left to his front left, the tow cable place on the front of the xb went through his radiator and cracked his transmission case somehow. the hood latch bar was bent at about a 45 degree obtuse angle and cold air intake crushed :( battery did it< i however lost no fluids neither headlights got touched and both all still work but the fenders both dented and got pusdhed back into the door so it was hard as hell to open at first and the airbag came out and burnt my arm and shaved all the hair of in 1 spot and smelled like a freshly fried amp,, only worse n the buddy tat was following me locked up the 97 chevy extended cab and gave me a love tap on the back left backup light, didnt break it but pushed it in like the side of a coke can.

my question is... since the insurance company is paying to have everything fixed w our 1000 $ ded. and i "cant find"the stock body kit on the normal 5.0 release series, where is the 5 axis one at? ;)

See less See more
#8 ·
Internet forum pet peeve number one: PEOPLE WHO TYPE IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS
Internet forum pet peeve number two: people who type with no punctuation in runon sentences that barely make sense and leave out capitals in the proper places and often mispell words

I do get the gist of it, though. That stinks bigtime. I hope nothing on the xB frame is bent, 'cause if it is your box may get totaled.

And if all the damage to you was burnt arm hair, I guess you could consider that lucky. The hair will eventually grow back.

Hope you get your car back to normal soon. That is one nastly looking xB :(

#9 ·
That sucks!

IF the frame all in one piece, that makes an IDEAL candidate for a full front body kit . . .

#12 ·
Sorry to see this. I need to drive more careful now!

#13 ·
As the one who had the crash hasn't been on here in a year, I am assuming it was totaled . . .

No real word either way.

#20 ·
Who keeps a totalled car for multiple years?!?! (well I suppose ******** but that level of ******* wouldn't be caught dead in a foreign vehicle.)

I think its very safe to say that anyone with a RS has no desire to sell your their interiors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.