Scion Truck in 2014

37K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  gokufreak1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Is that the official design?

#5 ·
Is that big time ugly or what!!!

#6 ·
After they tone it down a bit for production I could see it being pretty nice, and depending on the price point, sell well. There are not too many small trucks on the market. If you add inexpensive to the requirements, the list is even shorter.

#8 ·
Sure does! Scion is thinking way out side "The Box"...not something that all will like...not for this forum...:confused:

Brewski

#9 ·
I wonder what the production lines will be and if they will follow that A-Bat much or not. The functionality is nice and IS something I consider, esp. if it handles like the xB2.

#19 ·
When I was a kid,if a child didn't look like the rest of his siblings the standing joke was "the father must be the milkman" haha.

#21 ·
Will probably be lame cause production vehicles never end up like their concept designs ie Prius c concept looked sick production looks pathetic! And many other examples but if they could make it close to the concept I would be down for one especially that interior ooh so sexy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#23 ·
My guess is they scrapped this truck idea. I've been looking to trade my xB in for a Tacoma crewcab 4x4 but I'm holding out until a redesign. Dunno if it might resemble this Scion pickup but Scion kinda stayed true to the xB concept. Looks like Stingray Metallic too....

#25 ·
That truck thing does not look like anything that would come out of the company that made the xB1. Maybe if they killed the off-roader look a bit with less huge wheels and less jacked up look. You're not going to be hauling anything heavier than we already haul in our xBs with a tiny bed like that. The fold down back is intriguing.

It kind of reminds me of a chopped Nissan Juke with a bed in the back. Yes I agree that the production models rarely look much like the original radical concepts. You can barely make out the resemblance.

#30 ·
Is that your design brickpig? Not bad at all.
Thanks. Yup my design. I re-used the stock rear window, and the back end of a Toyota pickup truck. To me, this xB-based pickup would be an easy thing for Toyota/Scion to do. Or, as I said on my website, if they would sponsor me and give me a car to work on, I'd do it.

#31 · (Edited)
You haven't seen this one?
Yup I saw that one, but it's modded like crazy and the wheelbase is stretched. Also the bed inside did not look very usable. My concept uses the existing wheelbase (more agile), would use a conventional truck bed for maximum utility, and keeps mods to a minimum to keep the costs down. Kinda fits better into the Scion cost model, I think.

#32 · (Edited)
I don't think leaving the wheel-base as-is would be realistic though. I think the proportions are off on your concept.

Here's a few others I found online that are interesting, but not realistic for retail

really like this orange one

hoooly **** backward facing seats w/ gunmount yessss

#33 ·
A little bit bigger headlights, a little bit bigger windows, and I think this thing would be perfect. The interior is awesome too. But hey guys! This is what makes a scion a scion, some people love it and some people hate it. That's the beauty of it. I can't wait to see these things on the road!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.