Scion XB Forum banner

17X8 +38 / Fit? (Pic)

7K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  MinusPrevious 
#1 ·
Guys, need your advice

I have set of 17x8 +38 Bolt pattern 114.3. Would these fit & what size tire?

Help me out, my XB is 2 weeks old

Joe

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for sure. Ill test fit them this weekend. Im installing my Eibach Pro's & TRD RSB in the next week.

Thinking about a 225/45/17 which is very close in overall circumference to the stock tire (Its .7" wider though to the outside)

Joe

#5 ·
Hi,
I have a set of (4) 235/45-17's Fuzion ZRi's I'm going to list on Craigslist for $160 (for all 4). The tires have 8 to 9/32's of tread depth, new they come with 10/32's. I put about 3000 miles on them. I went to 245/45-17's Fuzion HRi"s All-Season for a softer ride. I also installed Eibach made TRD springs & rear sway-bar on the xB. I'm over 50 and too old for a stiffer ride. Had this set of tires mounted on a 17x8 45et wheels on our xB with No rubbing issues!

The true story for these tires is Bridgestone & Firestone went with a joint adventure. These tires run narrow for a "Performance category tire", tread width is 235/45-17 is 8". New these tires came with a Bridgestone (UNI-T) sticker on the tires. A family friend owners a Firestone store.

I tried to post a link but it wouldn't work on this web site? :mad:
So, go to Tire Rack look at brands of tires, tab on FUZION TIRE's, then tab on ZRi.

AZ

#8 ·
Thanks Guys, all of you for your help. Ended up buying some NEXEN N3000 225/45/17 & with the Eibach Pros, what a difference in handling

This is my DD so will not be going wild w/it. I have an EVO in the garage for that

Just added the following:
1. Phillips LED DRL's
2. Old school DashMat
3. Eibach ProKit springs (approx 1.2" drop)
4. TRD RSB
5. Curt tow hitch
6. Mitsubishi EVO 9 wheels / 17x8 +38 / Nexen 225/45/17 (340 treadwear)

A quick pic of my EVO if you dont mind

Thanks for looking, Peace, Joe

#10 ·
Sweet, lets see some side pic of those new shoes and the lowered look. And a pic of the hitch too if you don't mind, I need to do that too.

#11 ·
Heres a couple of shots including the Curt hitch.
The Eibach Pro's are a very modest drop & thats what I wanted for my DD.
By adding the Nexen N3000's tires, the ride is very firm & actually corners very well. My main car interest is my EVO as you can tell by my tongue in cheek Lancer emblem:p
Peace guys, Joe

#13 ·
#17 ·
Thank you Sir for bumping my old thread.

Yes, thats a pretty good one. Its good because they overlay the 2 pkgs together
This is the one Ive been using the most
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
you are welcome. and going along with what is being talked about, I would like to find a nice roof bike rack that can take beach cruisers... I got my girlfriend one and I have a stretched for on mine which brings the length of my bike to over six feet long and I haven't been able to find bike tray long enough for it. what could you recommend?

#14 ·
Remind me . . .
Which bike rack is that and how do you like it?

#15 ·
Hi Jack

Its an Allen 2 bike. Wanted something that had good reviews & was inexpensive

No complaints. When securing bikes I always use a few additional tie downs to ensure the bikes are stable
Not bad for the money / Bought from Amazon: Amazon.com: Allen 2 Bike Carrier Hitch: Sports & Outdoors

Joe

#16 ·
Thanks.
I've been (casually) looking at the DeeZee one at the local Tractor Supply Co. and the 3-bike Allen one at the nearby Academy Sports (both close in price).
I figure I could hold bikes and also suspend stuff from them (like a ship of sail oft carried one or more of it's boats).

#18 ·
^^^Well, Im not the bike rack expert=)

Maybe picking a rack where you have to remove the front wheel would work better.
Certainly there must be racks that have that type of front wheel mount?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.