Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a '09 and been looking for some accessories.
I realized that most ebay postings and sites say something in the line of "will fit '08 model only" or something like that. Do you guys know if the '08 and '09 are exactly same or are there any differences? I am hoping that sellers say "for '08" because the '09 have not been out long enough.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
wangster said:
I just picked up a '09 and been looking for some accessories.
I realized that most ebay postings and sites say something in the line of "will fit '08 model only" or something like that. Do you guys know if the '08 and '09 are exactly same or are there any differences? I am hoping that sellers say "for '08" because the '09 have not been out long enough.
Welcome to NSxB wangster!!

i believe when they said '08 model only', they meant not the original version [2003-2007]

i am pretty sure the 2008 and 2009 are the same except for the additional color...

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Like he said, . . .

"Only 08" means "08 and later" (also known as Gen 2 or xB2) models, as there was a significant change between the 06 and 07 models. Namely, the 08 was a completely new model. The 09 is not really different in ANY notable way (besides the Stingray replacing "Nautical Blue" as the blue color).

For factory stuff, I'd also suggest looking at Sparks (Southeast Toyota of Myrtle Beach, SC) and "Scion Parts Store" (Carson Toyota of California). They sponsor this forum and have GREAT prices on the parts, well below the prices given on Scion.com.
They also have some neat other parts (like the Sparks grill set with slats and Carson's Rumion -the Japanese market second-gen xB- parts) that a local Scion dealer may not be able to get.

Also, I am a bit hesitant to get car parts off ebay (maybe JUST me), as they don't often have warranties or much on return (varies by ebay store and seller).
Of course, others here may have completely different opinions on THAT.

·
Registered
82 Posts
ive found most prices better at sparks and the other sponsors than ebay-
i did buy the cargo liner off ebay-used sparks for the overhead bin,they shipped fast at a reasonable price double boxed- ill use them again no doubt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.