Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get the DVD's in the heardrest. I am trying to get feedback from members on their experiance with them. I have had some tell me to get aftermarket but cant seam to find aftermarket ones. Any suggestions?

God bless
John

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
i am looking at ebay for them. Watching a pair now. I wanted them too, but the salesman talked me out of them, as I would have lost my RS fabric if I had them (on the headrests). So, we went w/ NAV instead and I regret that. ohwell....The cheapie ones on ebay make me leary. Be careful to note if they play seperate dvds or one dvd plays on both headrests.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have them installed on the '09 and really like the functionality, but I don't like the headrest itself (from a driver's perspective) as much as the original unit. Not sure why, but at the end of the day I'm very happy with them - and so are my girls.

Michael

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the DVD head rests installed. I agree, I do like the original ones better. I am pretty sure its the fabric change and weird tilt these one have. I will never take them out though, they are great at entertaining the kids. All in all- Quality. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
The stock deck does not play dvd's. I got my headrest from scion, you load one dvd in to each headrest, the sound plays through the head phones that come with it, however you can get audio from headrest "A" through the car sterio system. I also thought that being able to watch either movie from the headrest was nice, the kids can change views from headrest A to B by pushing a button. I have never had DVD headrests, I really like the way these function for not having prior experience.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Who is talking about the Scion headrest systems and which are using "aftermarket" (non-Scion) system?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Interested in getting the headrest dvd system for entertaining my soon to be 3 year old daughter and getting a early start with the one that is on the way. The only thing holding me back is the price tag. I've looked at aftermarket ones but can't find any that I really like. Finally find some OEM dvd headrest from a toyota dealer in washington state but he has the headrest at $1000 for a 08 xb and $1300 for a 09 xb. I have a 09 xb. Wouldn't a 08 dvd headrest be compatible with a 09? I don't see the reason behind adding $300 besides trying to catch a sucker.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I just purchased an oem (audiovox) set from this guy in San Diego, California for $320. After attempting to install the same day I purchased, I found out it was missing 2 parts (the main power/audio harness and the mounting bracket). With some research thru Audiovox for part numbers, I was able to order the parts from Toyota which set me back another $70. After the second attempt at finishing the installation, I found a part that was broken (an extension cable for one of the headrest dvd player). Again conctacted Audiovox for a part number and ordered the part from Toyota for another $28 which will be here tomorrow or Tuesday.

Only one of the dvd player units works now since I'm waiting for the extension cable for the other. They look pretty good considering it's only a 7 inch screen.

All in all, I got a great bargain with a total purchase price of $420 instead of paying about $1500 + tax at the stealership.

·
Registered
286 Posts
p.s. The guy I bought my dvd headrest from pulled it out of his 2008 xb and I installed it on a 2010 xb.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well, the dvd units are really sensitive with scratched discs. Other than that, they function pretty smooth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.