Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 Scion xB (30,000 miles) has been great since I've got day after 4th of July. To my point:

Just yesterday after work... I accidentally pressed my panic button on my remote key. I pressed the unlock button to turn off the sound alarm. But as I put the key into the ignition and turned the key. My car didn't start up right away. It sounded like my battery was dead. Radio turned on, Dome Lights turned on, but I didn't get a roll-over. So I took the key out again and cranked it and it did the same thing. So I decided to open the hood and check my Toyota Battery and it indicates that battery is OK. Battery cables are secured on and clean. So I went back into my car put the key in the ignition and this time I decided to turn the key and hold it longer. Has I held the key cranked over within 7 seconds I started to hear my engine start up. Eventually it started up. I waited a few minutes. Pulled the key out and it started right up. All day it's been fine. I didn't think anything of it.

This morning as I got to my car to go to work. I went to start my car and it didn't start up right away. So I cranked it and held it longer and again it slowly started right up. Be in mind that when I got the car I never had this issue. I would start right up.

*No lights were left on, No Lights on my dash, No driving issues

I wonder if anyone has this problem or came across this issue?

·
Registered
595 Posts
the same happened to me last November so it turned out to be my battery it was not holding volts, it just had enough to start and get me to work but after 8 hrs sitting it would act up again lucky my car is a 5 speed so i would push it and clutch out to start it. new battery and now no problem

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the same happened to me last November so it turned out to be my battery it was not holding volts, it just had enough to start and get me to work but after 8 hrs sitting it would act up again lucky my car is a 5 speed so i would push it and clutch out to start it. new battery and now no problem
Hmmm sounds just like my issue, but I'm thinking this all started to happen after I set my alarm off. I'm wondering if the kill switch of the alarm wasn't reset correctly?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My battery still indicates that battery is OK status... can it still not hold onto its volts if the stock battery has never been replaced after 5 1/2 years?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.