Scion XB Forum banner

08 super white

8K views 28 replies 7 participants last post by  EPHIOS 
#1 ·
hey guys whats up. well im new to the board just wanted to so hi . my name is mike i live on the eastern shore of maryland. i bought a 08 xb back in may and her she is
how they all start

now with a few mods

here is just a few if you have any question or comments + or - please post

See less See more
#2 ·
Dude love the wheels. Love the whole car actually. Two quick questions.

One I see a photo of your xB with the urbanracer watermark. I figured that you were at a VIP meet then. The question is how did you get that photo for download so you could post it?

Second question, where did you get that light up scion logo? I gots to get me one of those.

#3 ·
for the picture i just right clicked and saved it then i uploaded it to photobucket. as for the logo when i installed the grillecraft grilles i removed my factory logo painted it white then 3m 2 sided taped it to the ac condenser. removed the bumper and installed a black neon on the bumper support. while everything was off i also painted all that could be seen through the grill black so no white other than the logo would be visible

#10 ·
mods
19x8 frnt 19x9.5 rear konig afterburner
10%tint rear 5%tint frnt
trd big brake kit
trd short shifter
trd lsd
trd stage 2 clutch
aem cai
strup header
magnaflow cat back
trd strut tower
carbon fiber engine cover
polished ac lines
moble hid hids
hotchkis springs
hotchkis frnt and rear swaybars
scion wing
shark fin antenna
painted frnt bumper
grille craft grille
homemade tag mount
tyc tail lights
trd shift knob
pioneer avic d3 nav and xm bith antennas are under the sharkfin
mb quart 6.5 componets frnt and coaxail rear
1-dd 3512 sub rear
jbl br 1200.1 1300 watts rms
zapco 4 channel on mids and highs
dynamat everywhere
killerglass radiater hose
blue led underglow
red led engine lights
black light in bumper for emblem

#14 ·
Shancopp said:
what about that other knob evil? You not using it now?
I am using it. I am modding the silver trim ring from the factory knob to fit the new knob. However I didn't check fitment against the shift boot only the knob and made it too wide. I learned my mistake and where to stop on the modding, I just need a new one to redo it the right way now. After I get it modded right I am painting the silver part gold to match. It will look awsome when its done. Then I will post photos

#15 ·
Are you talking about the lil silver piece at the bottom of the factory knob? I couldn't get that off. On SL, some told me it didn't look right w/o a "transition" piece and I suppose they are right. It goes from fat shift knob to skinny silver lever. Someone recommended a pony tail scrunchy.......... ???

I may try again to get it off and paint it w/ the touch up paint. Thanks for the idea!

#17 ·
Shancopp said:
Are you talking about the lil silver piece at the bottom of the factory knob? I couldn't get that off. On SL, some told me it didn't look right w/o a "transition" piece and I suppose they are right. It goes from fat shift knob to skinny silver lever. Someone recommended a pony tail scrunchy.......... ???

I may try again to get it off and paint it w/ the touch up paint. Thanks for the idea!
Yeah that piece. Bruce sent me a shiny disk to cover the white plastic of the shift boot(something you don't have with the auto). It just doesn't look as good as the plastic piece. I trimed it so the new knob woud fit snugly inside. I trimmed it so the bottom of the silver piece and knob were flush. What I forgot to take into consideration was that the silver trim has to sit a bit lower to cover the plastic, so basially I over trimmed it. I need a new one to retrim, but this time I know where to stop. On the plus side if I ever put the old shift knob back the silver trim I messed up will still look decent because I didn't ruin it totally.

Oh and sorry for thread jacking.

#21 ·
It looks nice!

The whole blackened between grill is appealing to me more and more. Your's looks GOOD!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.