Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borla’s high-performance Exhaust System is now available for the 2008 Scion XB! This rear-exit system offers you aggressive motor sport styling with street commanding sound and maximum flow for more power. It has ultra smooth mandrel bends made from T-304 stainless steel and all-welded construction for durability. The angled polished tips add a high quality finishing touch to your xB. The rear section is a direct replacement for the factory system that installs using a factory flange after the muffler. This system flows 128cfm more than the factory unit which accounts for the mileage and performance gains. The system is 5.6db louder than the factory system, giving the xB a little boost in the sound department as well.

This unit retails for $489.99 and we have it on sale for $350.41.

Here is the direct link to it for purchasing: http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=570&Part_cat=2&parts_id=1958

Any further questions let me know!

Jamie

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is this a full catback? Anyunder car pics?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Geezer said:
Go to http://www.trdsparks.com/install/00016-79801inst.pdf and you'll get undercar pics of the installtion. There's a good shot of the added exhaust on the left, but it doesn't show a full view of the complete system.
I just checked on Borla's Site and its not even a muffler setup. Its only tips. man that's disappointing.. :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
eviljack said:
Actually its not dissapointing. I have it and I love it.
I meant for the price its a bit disappointing.

·
Registered
566 Posts
eviljack said:
Actually its not dissapointing. I have it and I love it.
It looks like it replaces the rear muffler. I haven't really looked at the exhaust system on my xB, but I assume there are multiple mufflers (muffler/resonator) plus the catalytic converter.

This is on my wish list. How does the Borla set up sound? Thoaty? Farty? Slightly louder than stock? Something else? Would hate to spend the $350 and hate the sound.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Not sure on the proformance gains.

As far as sound, when you first start it up after not driving for a while, say in the momrning before work. Its a little raspy. Once it warms up though its so freakin nice. Some times I will actually catch myself speeding because I am hitting the gas to hear it roar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The borla exhaust is just taking the stock resonator off and bolting on dual or single borla tip(s). I have the dual setup and i love it. Too much just for tips but im fixing that muffler problem today!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Any chance in getting a sound clip on here of the exhaust?

G

·
0 Posts
OT:

I was looking for sound clips of a trd exahust on youtube and someone had put someone farting dubed over a video of a scion driving for the sound how nasty lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds pretty cool to me! I'm working on getting the xB myself (its the stores xB, we put the springs, 5Axis kit, and 19" TRD wheels on), and the first thing I do is get this Borla dual exhaust for it!

Jamie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts