Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright here is my new Xb2 rollin on white walls and sprint springs! Only one prob the rear drop dosen't look right. Not sure what happened :yes:

· Registered
613 Posts
just needs some smoothie hub caps and you're good to go!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The problem . . .

Those on here who have looked have yet to find smoothies that fit correctly . . .
I WOULD be using them, if I had . . .
Most either stick out too much or leave a notable gap between the cover and rim.

If that can be proven wrong, I will be ECSTATIC!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Geezer said:
JOEY G-xB said:
just needs some smoothie hub caps and you're good to go!
...and a flat black rat rod paint job.
My thoughts . . .
Though . . .
The Stingray is too pretty a color to paint over just yet!

Geezer, when does your box get a flat black rat-rod repaint?
(I see it happening, one day)

· Premium Member
1,052 Posts
TartanJack said:
The problem . . .

Those on here who have looked have yet to find smoothies that fit correctly . . .
I WOULD be using them, if I had . . .
Most either stick out too much or leave a notable gap between the cover and rim.

If that can be proven wrong, I will be ECSTATIC!
Having seen a whole bunch of New Beetle folks who have taken it upon themselves to do their own mods in this respect, look at the following links:

here

man, it took me FOREVER to find ths one.
and here <--this one is a how-to (for a New Beetle, but our wheels are very similar.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to just get moon caps but I thought lets go with the steel smoothie rims chrome outside lip with inside painted stingray with bullet caps. That should set it off for sure. More pics to come. Thanks for all the feedback. Most people I talk to on the street love the look. Don't get me wrong I love them with 20's but everyone has them so I wanted to set mine off from the others at shows.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
As you look to want to join Wave Rider, Geezer, Bob, and myself in the whole "retro-wheel" look . . .
You might be interested in these threads:
http://newscionxb.com/do_it_yourself/beaty_rings_and_moonies_howto-t1423.0.html
http://newscionxb.com/wheels_tires/steelie_center_cap_dust_caps-t1467.0.html
http://newscionxb.com/wheels_tires/hubcapswheel_covers-t262.0.html

And as for actually LOOKING for "Hot-Rod Steelies" for smoothies:
http://newscionxb.com/wheels_tires/hot_rod_steelie_source-t1399.0.html

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright here are my wheels done! Painted, Bullet lugs,Napa center caps chromed.
And added the grill. What do you think? I think it needs custom pinstripe or white flake scallops. Maybe?

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Pretty cool!

That little bit of my footwork seems to have had a decent amount of impact . . .
I like the chromed cap and trim rings. It all works together even better than I would have suspected!

I wonder how carefully masked and body colored headlamps would look . . .
If they are masked allowing for a chrome trim ring around the individual lights, it might looks smashing.
-- Just an idea . . .

I LOVE the old-car/truck look on xB2s.

· Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah TartanJack! thanks for the footwork on those Napa dust caps.Before i saw the post on the caps i spent a few hours at Napa auto parts searching all the cap for the right fit. I had sent them out to get chromed 60 bucks kinda pricey but works well. The trim rings were 100 for 4 and the bullet lugs were a buck apiece. I am wanting to color match the inside of the headlights next. I am just a little gun shy to bake em! Thanks for all the feedback. Now the next project is to get a baby moon to set inside the center of the wheel that will cover the caps and lugs. Got some ideas brewing but nothing solid yet. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.