Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so ive been wanting a back up cam but didn't want to pay $400 the local shops wanted.

solution! i already had a 7 inch flat screen tv with a video input laying around for the past few years that i never use. so i searched the internet and found an $11 back up camera on amazon. i figure its worth a shot, right...

so took couple hours to install, mostly due to stealthing wires and being anal about different angles. but overall im quite impressed. the camera i ordered has back up lines which i love for helping you back up into parking spots. i hooked the power up to the back up light bulb wires, so everytime u put the car into reverse it powers on. i didnt hide the direct wires that come off of the camera due to them being so large but that will be a project for another day.

camera says its waterproof but for $11 i didnt want to test it. i decided to mount it inside the car on the top of the rear hatch. i may end up moving it around but im pretty happy with the results. pics tell all.

just wanted to share my latest budget mod with u all. total project cost was $11 plus $3 shipping=$14.00

camera i ordered is here: Amazon.com: HDE E336 Waterproof Rear Vehicle Backup Camera With 170 degree Viewing Angle: Car Electronics

first pic is of the tv i used..

let me know what u guys think...

Attachments

· Premium Member
709 Posts
Cant go wrong for 14$

· Premium Member
709 Posts
It should be.. really the only thing you need for a backup camera to work with your head unit is a video input on the head unit. The 2014 xBs come with the option of a backup camera from the dealership if one so choosed, so I would almost gaurentee it has at least 1 video input if not more, but ive never looked at one personally.
I am going to be careful but I would say ALMOST all backup cameras are universal (as long as the monitor has video input)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.