1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys

got an update on the markio kart :D

15mm spacers

I guessed at the size after reading the forums. Some people said 10mm wasn't enough. Others with 20mm said the poke was a bit too much, naturally I split the difference. I think I would have also been happy with 12mm, which is probably the most "common" for xB rears, but this is a huge improvement and I'm happy with the way it rounded it out.

comparison

BEFORE left
AFTER right

BEFORE left
AFTER right

butt pokes out nicely now. sits a little more "firm"

one last new shot

I paid too much for the install I think, $125... :mad: at least it was done right. I also don't have the proper tools for at home. :cheers:

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
I approve

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It didn't include an alignment but according to most sites, you don't need one after spacer install. Brickpig, they can't be aligned with spacers?

My road trip will be from VA to TX and then back, I'll try to plan so maybe I can cruise 5-10 miles with some xBs along the way. :)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It didn't include an alignment but according to most sites, you don't need one after spacer install.
Agree, moving the rear wheels outboard using spacers will not affect the rear wheel alignment, since the suspension geometry is not being altered (unlike lowering springs).

Terminology: Spacers have two parallel faces and are installed between the wheel and hub, they move the wheels outboard. Shims have two non-parallel faces and are installed between the hub and the suspension, they are designed to have an adjustable angle to "dial in" desired suspension alignment parameters (camber and/or caster).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was reading and it clicked for me when someone explained it in terms of a person standing. Widening your stance (moving your feet apart) would seem to be comparable to wheel spacers but is actually comparable to a camber change. Wheel spacers are comparable to putting shoes on, same suspension (legs), just sitting slightly higher. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.