Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 xB with the 16" alloy wheels option offered that year.

Have had a bad time with the center hubs which cover the lug bolts. They constantly break when reinstalling since they are made out of cheap plastic. Any thoughts on how these are to be installed?

Source for buying would also be appreciated since my warranty is running out.

thx

·
Registered
614 Posts
gt1948 said:
2008 xB with the 16" alloy wheels option offered that year.

Have had a bad time with the center hubs which cover the lug bolts. They constantly break when reinstalling since they are made out of cheap plastic. Any thoughts on how these are to be installed?

Source for buying would also be appreciated since my warranty is running out.
I would think they are the same as my 2009's and mine just snap in with little effort. How are they breaking? Do they remove easily? Do they not snap in correctly and you have to try to force them in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last time they broke at dealer during tire rotation service. Dealer ordered new cap and when I went to have it installed broke again. Dealer tried to force it in by slamming fist aginst cap which broke one of the four plastic prongs.

Another is on order.

Trying to figure out the purpose of the metal ring which encircles the prastic prongs???

Does this have anything to do with breakage

·
Registered
342 Posts
The metal ring stayed on for me. I just recently painted my hubcaps and they were a little tough to get on but I think the metal ring gives the hubcap a tighter fit. You could try it without but I think it would make your hubcap more apt to fall off.

Nevermind! i just realized you were talking about the OEM rims :wallbash: oh well dont read this post.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You might try Ebay for an extra set. I bought an extra set just in case someone removes one from my car without asking! One set the Scion logo is in silver and the other set has the Scion logo in black, same part number.

My caps go on very easy without forcing, just a gentle push. Don't know about the spring, sorry!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.