Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to shop for a Summer wheels and Tires, more and likely I will have the 17 X 7 wheels. Can someone please tell me the best size would be 225/45/17 Correct? I saw some recommendation are 215/45/17 and/or 215/50/17, I am a little confuse. Which size would be close up the wheel gap more?

Also, any recommendation on high performance all season tires?

Thanks!!!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Wheel diameter compared to stock is shown on his chart:
http://newscionxb.com/wheels_tires/eddnogs_xb_20_wheel_tire_chart-t23.0.html
For accurate, keep in the greens.

For 17s, that means:
215 45 17 -> -.63 mph off
or
225 45 17 -> .23 mph off

Of those 2, I'd get the 225 45 17s, esp. on 7 inchers. It is wider and CLOSER to stock.
Remember-> it doesn't just affect the speedometer, but also the odometer. Closer is better.

Also, the diameter of a tire shrinks slightly during usage, as the surface gets worn down.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
For "summer" tires (not great in the snow), I've liked the BF Goodrich G-Force Sports and the Toyo T1S (now replaced by the T1R). I've used both on my Miata and plan to get one or the other when I replace the Rikens (Michelin "house brand") I am using now.

As we don't get enough snow in South Carolina for me to worry about running in show, I use ones that are great in dry and/or rain. I don't know much about snow-worthy all-weather rubber.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.