Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, just 2 months to go on my 5 year loan and my 2008 Nautical Blue Metallic Scion xb is ALL mine!!!

I've made just 4 mods to it in these past 5 years. Installed a trailer hitch, and used it for about 3 years to haul a tray that held my son's soapbox derby car. In February of this year I finally hooked up the wiring kit I bought at the same time as the hitch to the tail lights so I could pull a small trailer, and brought home a 1999 Honda Shadow 750 ACE Deluxe (motorcycle).

A few years back I installed aftermarket fog lights. And the 4th thing I did was trade out the stock stereo unit for a premium unit I bought from one of you folks on here. I still have a few MP3 CDs I listen to on it from time to time, but mostly I use the AUX port to listen to my miniature iPod I won at a charity auction last year.

Does the 8-ball shifter top count as a 5th mod?

I had to get my first set of brakes last year, at around 45000 miles, and tires last winter at around 50k. So far in the last year I've dropped off the driving considerably. Put close to 5000 miles on 2 different motorcycles since last August... 5000 miles NOT pt on the xB. I have a bit over 58000 miles on it now.

Overall, though, I still really like this car. It's been low trouble to own, decent gas mileage, can carry a lot of stuff (bought $800 worth of IKEA furniture a few months ago and it all fit in the car) and still rides pretty quiet, even after I got sideswiped and had to have the skin on the driver door replaced and repainted.

My one and only gripe is the cheap paint job they did on this car. If you look at it funny it scratches. One of my kids drug a bag of trash across the hood. Now it's scratched. My wife keeps banging into the rear quarter panel with her door. Now that's all scratched up. Even i did a few.. backed into a pole, small dent in the rear bumper. Not to mention the shopping cart dings on the passenger doors. I often have wondered if those scratches might be less noticeable if Scion had used better paint.:boxing:

TL/DR.. car almost paid off, good car to have, paint sucks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats!

My silverado was the first vehicle I have ever kept thru the entire loan period. Roughly 40k, 0 % 5 year loan. Once it got below 10 K seemed like the last 10k dropped fast.

Silly me, could've been without a car payment. Bought the xB instead. :). Only 3.5 years to go now...

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Excellent :) congrats!

For the paint I recommend getting one of those little touch up paint bottles and painting over the scratches. I did this with my last car (dark blue) and it makes a big difference. Up close, it's still obvious, but a few steps back and without close scrutiny and it's difficult to notice anything. Plus it protects a bit.

·
Registered
284 Posts
CONGRATS, I have a few more months on my 2008 xb blackberry crush, yea i agree on the paint job, i think thats toyota all around though if I'm not mistaken.... I'm at 38k right now with my 19's wheels, lowered with df tanabe and no problem ...

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys :)

cubanix.. looks like you don't drive very far !

Good source for touchup paint, anyone?

My former ride was a 2001 New beetle.. I kept that one 2 years past the payoff date. Sold it to a friend who is still using it. I don't plan on trading in teh xB for at leat that long, maybe longer as long as I don't have nay big problems with it, which I do not see happening considering Toyota's reputation.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well..... I've only paid two payments..... At least I didn't finance it forever..... 7 grand down on a $18k car..... not as much time on the note, and not as much money..... Hopefully I can have this thing paid off inside 2 years..... but I'm not counting my chickens.... since I have so many other hobbies right now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
congrats!!! yea i have 2 years left at around 7k hoping to pay it off in one more year. After she's all mine i wanna get air and a full respray and fall in love with her all over again.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The thought of not having car payments anymore is quite a good one. Several cars that I've had fit. A '79 Surburban (15yrs.),'00 Tundra (10yrs). The B is now 3yrs old with 13,689
miles, and should last me a really long time. Congrats to all.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I cant beleive the back and forth with the sales person when I bought it off the lot lol.... They were trying to sell me floor mats...I was like "are you serious?" no way im buying that, so i got the mats, car alarm and fog lights added one for free...screw that!!! this will be my first and last car to buy brand new of the lot. I should of waited a year later and save tons of money... oh im still happy with it. XB has been good to me :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congrats! I just purchased my car so I've got many years to go. Hopefully I too will be posting just like you are now down the road. Enjoy your payment free xB!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts