Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a super white box and I'm already sick of the nasty brown spray I get on the side. How well do the mudguards work and are they worth the 50ish dollars? And how easy of an install is it? And I'm looking to buy either the fog light button or the traction control button. They are gonna charge me 55 dollars for a button with an led in it which is outrageous. I'm using it to power my interior lights and I want to put it in the blank spot to the right of my shifter. Not liking the random red switch I have hooked up right now. Any leads would be great before I find one in a junk yard somewhere and rip it out

·
Registered
72 Posts
I drive a super white box and I'm already sick of the nasty brown spray I get on the side. How well do the mudguards work and are they worth the 50ish dollars? And how easy of an install is it? And I'm looking to buy either the fog light button or the traction control button. They are gonna charge me 55 dollars for a button with an led in it which is outrageous. I'm using it to power my interior lights and I want to put it in the blank spot to the right of my shifter. Not liking the random red switch I have hooked up right now. Any leads would be great before I find one in a junk yard somewhere and rip it out
I can say that the mud guards do help with the spray with stock wheels. If you add some meat (215's)to them you will still get some spray when turning. The fronts just bolt up, but the rears require a couple of holes to be drilled out and the rear wheels taken off for the install, which is why mine are still in the box... ALso look at ebay for both ( mud guards and switch) at a great discount. :cheers:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I can say that the mud guards do help with the spray with stock wheels. If you add some meat (215's)to them you will still get some spray when turning. The fronts just bolt up, but the rears require a couple of holes to be drilled out and the rear wheels taken off for the install, which is why mine are still in the box... ALso look at ebay for both ( mud guards and switch) at a great discount. :cheers:
I did the same thing. The rear mud guards don't look like they do much because the rear overhang is very short and the guards are rather small.Also the rear tires don't turn side to side, so the spray isn't much of a problem. Jacking up the rear, removing the wheels, and drilling holes seems a lot of work for such little benefit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.