Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just purchased a used '06 XB, 38k miles a few months ago. I love the ride, but now when I drive, I have to put the air intake from the outside so that air will blow into the car. If I turn to circulating from the interior, with the A/C on, no air at all. It's still warm in Texas, can somebody please help?

· Registered
979 Posts
When set to fresh air, and you feel air coming through can you hear the fan? Maybe the fan isn't working at all. Did you check the fuse?

· Registered
41 Posts
MLT4848,

Sorry i have hijacked your thread, but you only posted once and i had a similar problem in a warm location during the summer heat.

I also just purchased a used '06 XB and had a bit of trouble with air conditioning in Las Vegas's stop and go traffic (117°F the day I drove my newly purchased xB From California to Vegas). Next morning the belt squealed when I started the car. Changed the belts and then had a complete evacuation and recharge of a Air Con system with dye added to be certain there was no leak. No leak down located and the Air Conditioner is now keeping the car cool in our Southern Nevada warm summer weather.

Today, the Temperature is mild 106.2 °F, yesterday it was 118.4 and air conditioning was working well.

The evacuation and recharge of a system was more expensive that I wanted. The 2006 xB is new to me it was time to step up and change the belts, since it has a few more miles than I wanted. I also had to be certain the Air Con system was good for the remaining summer here in Vegas. I was given a 2015 Corolla with less than 2,500 miles to drive while the Air Con system was being serviced, hit my head on the door still/opening 5 times getting in and out. This never happened on my 1997 corolla that was totaled last year. My head clearance in the new corolla is marginal with the seat dropped backwards a bit, I would guess the bottom seats cushions are to large for the door opening and roof line in the newer Corolla model.

Seats in the XB are fine for the door opening, & for us tall guys, very different than the new Corolla.

· Registered
41 Posts
Still in love with my Silver 2006 xB. Has been fun to drive, mileage in low 30ties on my last trip to California. Was thinking of a short trip to Sedona, AZ in the near future.

Air conditioning has been good all summer long since belt was changed in July. Had the air filter replaced as TARDIS suggested @ 150,000 miles. Now it seems I do not have cool air blowing when I turn off the air conditioning. Seems the air is much warmer than the temperatures outside the car. Only just noticed this, because the air temps have dropped into the 70ties early in the morning.

When the temps was 90 @ 6:am always used the air conditioning. Now with the cooler morning temperatures, why is the air coming through the vent so warm? Maybe a hose or other vent fixture was disconnected when sir filter was changed?

JR

· Registered
41 Posts
Update on air condoning 2016: belt squealed again late June, took car to dealer changed oil @ 160,450, asked to have belt checked, explanation provided - idler arm tension needed adjusting and all is well again.

Ready for Northwest trip, with my Gen 1 xB. I will ride my bicycle with 10,000 other riders in the Seattle to Portland classic July 16,17th 2016.

JR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.