Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
This video installs 55W HID lamps. Has anyone done the 35W version? There is a lot of talk here about the HID's blinding oncoming traffic, and the projectors being unable to function properly with HID's installed. Seems they might projector a bit better with the lower 35W version lamp. Any first hand experience with this>???

· Registered
66 Posts
I have 55w and have no issue at all with the projectors, they a a 500% improvement over the oem hals! Wife and I have tested the oncoming blindness and she said with the projectors they did not bother her coming at me at all.

My .02

· Registered
161 Posts
I have 55w and have no issue at all with the projectors, they a a 500% improvement over the oem hals! Wife and I have tested the oncoming blindness and she said with the projectors they did not bother her coming at me at all.

My .02
This. I dont see any glare from these projectors coming at you.
Plus they have a beautiful blue cutoff on the projectors like bmw, lexus....

· Registered
76 Posts
Be careful where you mount everything. I had 55w and ballast that overheated and melted all the wires and came very close to catching fire. That scared me back into the stock bulbs. But now I'm reconsidering a 35w version...

· Registered
144 Posts
which brand

Be careful where you mount everything. I had 55w and ballast that overheated and melted all the wires and came very close to catching fire. That scared me back into the stock bulbs. But now I'm reconsidering a 35w version...
what name brand was this that had the meltdown>?

Which brand would you guys use of these three >?
Xentec
Candle
VVM
And why ?

· Registered
76 Posts
I had a set of 55w from HIDextra in when the catching fire incident happened. I don't know what happened, all I know is I saw smoke billowing out from under my hood and a bunch of melted wires and burnt plastic. The lights were taken out the next day. I also had a set of xentec ballasts I got off ebay. They were, not so good. They never caught fire but I went through a ton of ballasts. Lesson: you get what you pay for and sometimes more...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.