Scion XB Forum banner

2008 Motortrend Car of the Year Finalist - Scion xB

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Eric 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Gotta love the misinformation...

Bet you didn't know: The xB isn't built by Toyota at all but comes from a Daihatsu plant. What's more, in Europe it's sold as the Daihatsu Materia and in Japan as the Toyota Corolla Rumion.
Looks like the author is mixed up on the 2nd Gen bB / Materia & the 2nd Gen xB / Rumion... :p

#5 ·
Eric said:
Gotta love the misinformation...

Bet you didn't know: The xB isn't built by Toyota at all but comes from a Daihatsu plant. What's more, in Europe it's sold as the Daihatsu Materia and in Japan as the Toyota Corolla Rumion.
Looks like the author is mixed up on the 2nd Gen bB / Materia & the 2nd Gen xB / Rumion... :p
Yep someone definitely didn't do their research. Even though it didn't win, I'm happy my car was a finalist for one of the most prestigious awards in the industry.

#8 ·
what is amazing to me is the cost of the vehicles in the comparison vs. the xB's cost...

the xB tested was $20, 627 vs. the lowest cost vehicle, the Chevy Malibu @ $27,795, to the highest cost vehicle, the Audi A5 @ $56,315!

so all vehicles compared to the xB were $7k to $36k higher in cost - shows you what value for the money the xB really is!! :rockon:

here is the breakdown for the finalists:

Scion xB $20,627
Chevy Malibu $27,795
Honda Accord $30,895
Dodge Grand Caravan $35,295
Mercedes C Class $43,835
Volvo V70/XC70 $44,560
Cadillac CTS $45,105
Audi A5 $56,315

#9 ·
yanges said:
what is amazing to me is the cost of the vehicles in the comparison vs. the xB's cost...

the xB tested was $20, 627 vs. the lowest cost vehicle, the Chevy Malibu @ $27,795, to the highest cost vehicle, the Audi A5 @ $56,315!

so all vehicles compared to the xB were $7k to $36k higher in cost - shows you what value for the money the xB really is!! :rockon:
That's a great statistic I didn't realize. Makes the fact it was a finalist even more special.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.