Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Nice schedule!

I had my HID's waiting for me, I drove one night with halogen, and it hurt lol
Tints are done, alarm, changed domelight for a hyperwhite 9 LED "bulb".
I'm on audio for now. It's going to be a while in this stage...

After that I'm going DF210's most likely as well and some other suspension bits ti improve the handling.
Budget, budget, budget.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
You won't be disappointed! I got the 6000k's and love them! Install is a cinch too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
Eric said:
Since Oznium stopped selling HID kits due to some issues w/ the DOT, I've decided to go through Clifford at MobileHID.com and will soon have a set of 6000k HIDs. I'm definitely looking forward to getting rid of my extremely weak 7500k halogen bulbs!

http://www.mobilehid.com :D
Eric

so you can just swap these out with OEM bulbs and there are no heat problems?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yanges said:
so you can just swap these out with OEM bulbs and there are no heat problems?
AFAIK you just plug your stock wiring harnesses into the ballasts and run the new wiring & bulbs to the headlights. You just need to find a place to mount or zip tie the ballasts & relay. Many kits don't come w/ relays, but the ones from MobileHID do :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TunerChick (posted above) and countless other people say they're easy and it doesn't look like there's much to 'em. Installation should be as easy as I posted above. If you can change a bulb, you can do this ;)

This is where mine are coming from:
http://www.mobilehid.com

Clifford, the owner, is pretty well known and respected, so I'm confident they'll be great :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No, I'm getting the 6000k... more white, hint of blue. I like the 8000k, but because they're more blue, there's more risk of getting pulled over. Plus, there's fewer lumens, which means the usable light output is less. I should also note that HIDs are for "off road" use only if they did not come on the car from the factory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Eric said:
No, I'm getting the 6000k... more white, hint of blue. I like the 8000k, but because they're more blue, there's more risk of getting pulled over. Plus, there's fewer lumens, which means the usable light output is less. I should also note that HIDs are for "off road" use only if they did not come on the car from the factory.
How much did you pay for them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
Sonicmyk said:
Eric said:
No, I'm getting the 6000k... more white, hint of blue. I like the 8000k, but because they're more blue, there's more risk of getting pulled over. Plus, there's fewer lumens, which means the usable light output is less. I should also note that HIDs are for "off road" use only if they did not come on the car from the factory.
How much did you pay for them?
i was checking them out today - $250 for the kit...

see link in Eric's post to site...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
yanges said:
Sonicmyk said:
Eric said:
No, I'm getting the 6000k... more white, hint of blue. I like the 8000k, but because they're more blue, there's more risk of getting pulled over. Plus, there's fewer lumens, which means the usable light output is less. I should also note that HIDs are for "off road" use only if they did not come on the car from the factory.
How much did you pay for them?
i was checking them out today - $250 for the kit...

see link in Eric's post to site...
On other forums he sells them for $170 shipped. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
uberspeed said:
yanges said:
Sonicmyk said:
Eric said:
No, I'm getting the 6000k... more white, hint of blue. I like the 8000k, but because they're more blue, there's more risk of getting pulled over. Plus, there's fewer lumens, which means the usable light output is less. I should also note that HIDs are for "off road" use only if they did not come on the car from the factory.
How much did you pay for them?
i was checking them out today - $250 for the kit...

see link in Eric's post to site...
On other forums he sells them for $170 shipped. ;)
that is good to know - so what forums are you referring to? :rolleyes:
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top