Scion XB Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
I was wondering if you or anyone out there on df210s has any tire wear due to camber problems? I love the look of these but would hate it if the tires wore out quicker. Also can you run these with stock struts?
All stock with the DF's and no issues with tire wear on mine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
:wave:
I'm a Newbie and I see Tire Rack has Eibach springs for $202 & Hotchkis sway-bars for $257 a set.

We own two Mazda MX-5's better know as Miata's. Hers is a 08 GT and his is a 07 GT. I have done so many springs & shock changes I can't even tell you.

Hotchkis sway-bars are most likely the stiffest one can buy for a MX-5. I put a set no my car & I knew within 5 miles they where coming off ASAP! A neat fact is most RX-8 susp. parts bolt right on the MX-5. Also come to find out the many sets of wheels & tires I have for the MX-5's will bolt on the xB. All I need is centering rings.

The TRD sway-bar looks just like Progress sway-bars. Looks like I will be giving Michelle @ Progress a call very soon. I'm running Progress springs, Koni Sport shocks, Front RX-8 sport susp. sway-bar & a H&R rear sway-bar on my 07 MX-5.

The Mazdaspeed CAI didn't help much, the Goodwin / RS header helped a lot but trying to get the volume down to non ear plug volume is not easy. The design causes a lot of drone in this car.

AZ

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
:wave:
I'm a Newbie and I see Tire Rack has Eibach springs for $202 & Hotchkis sway-bars for $257 a set.

We own two Mazda MX-5's better know as Miata's. Hers is a 08 GT and his is a 07 GT. I have done so many springs & shock changes I can't even tell you.

Hotchkis sway-bars are most likely the stiffest one can buy for a MX-5. I put a set no my car & I knew within 5 miles they where coming off ASAP! A neat fact is most RX-8 susp. parts bolt right on the MX-5. Also come to find out the many sets of wheels & tires I have for the MX-5's will bolt on the xB. All I need is centering rings.

The TRD sway-bar looks just like Progress sway-bars. Looks like I will be giving Michelle @ Progress a call very soon. I'm running Progress springs, Koni Sport shocks, Front RX-8 sport susp. sway-bar & a H&R rear sway-bar on my 07 MX-5.

The Mazdaspeed CAI didn't help much, the Goodwin / RS header helped a lot but trying to get the volume down to non ear plug volume is not easy. The design causes a lot of drone in this car.

AZ
Interesting. My "other ride" is an 89/90 Miata that was white (the ones where the paint falls off), but is now Lotus Racing Green with a Lotus Racing Yellow 17" wide stripe. The interior is even the black, silver-metal, and red leather of the Team Lotus race cars. I modded it in 1999-2002- before the Elise was sold over here.
I call it a "miotus" (combo of Miata and Lotus)., but it is named Fenix (an older English spelling of the word-I like the way it works visually better than the more correct Latino-Greek corrected spelling used again today), as it has be reborn more than once.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hmm, looks like we are picking up...

... a new 2012 xB soon as the dealer finds us a white w/ manual transmission. I'm 52 but not dead yet. Because I rather be dead before I buy an automatic. Automatics are find for people who are texting and driving. :rolleyes:

I'm going to install a set of old MX-5 tires & wheels. Forged Motegi Traklite 2's, they come in at 14.4 lbs with some fair rubber.

Like I said before, I was thinking about Hotchkis sway-bars. But if they are anything close as the MX-5 Hotchkis sways I will pass, so that leaves a TRD rear. Anyone know who has the best price on this part. I'm also looking for a white OEM rear spoiler / wind deflector. Can someone point me to the best price on this part too?
Also being I don't have the xB yet can someone tell me the dia. size of the OEM front sway-bar? I will change the sway-bar bushings to polly.

TRD sales shocks too, can someone tell me who makes the TRD shocks? I'm guessing they are either KYB's or Tokico's.

Thanks in advance,
AZ

·
Registered
559 Posts
... a new 2012 xB soon as the dealer finds us a white w/ manual transmission. I'm 52 but not dead yet. Because I rather be dead before I buy an automatic. Automatics are find for people who are texting and driving. :rolleyes:

I'm going to install a set of old MX-5 tires & wheels. Forged Motegi Traklite 2's, they come in at 14.4 lbs with some fair rubber.

Like I said before, I was thinking about Hotchkis sway-bars. But if they are anything close as the MX-5 Hotchkis sways I will pass, so that leaves a TRD rear. Anyone know who has the best price on this part. I'm also looking for a white OEM rear spoiler / wind deflector. Can someone point me to the best price on this part too?
Also being I don't have the xB yet can someone tell me the dia. size of the OEM front sway-bar? I will change the sway-bar bushings to polly.

TRD sales shocks too, can someone tell me who makes the TRD shocks? I'm guessing they are either KYB's or Tokico's.

Thanks in advance,
AZ
I text and drive in my 5 speed. you just must not be a texting beast :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
I can't wait im going crazy I waited way too long to do this lol. Its gonna open a can of worms though cause i used to drive a fully shaved bagged and bodydropped s-10 it was awsome but i ended up doing so much work to it I sold it cause it was a pain to drive lol. I think I will keep my box to a min but I do want to tubo it.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,312 Posts
I second the Descendant/World one. It's what I would like to get, myself.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just got back from installing the nf210's what a difference in the ride now. Now I feel like I'm riding Cadillac and more one with the road. It looks great tonight I am going to try and post before and after pics up. Along with specs. I believe they will settle about another 3/8 to 1/2" though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just an FYI

I just bought a set of TRD / Eibach springs. Eibach builds the TRD springs and the are identical!
As I called a few spring companies today. Dave @ Eibach ext. 114 confirmed this with the TRD part numbers. I than asked him the difference between them. He looked at ride hight, spring rate's and all. He said they (TRD & Eibach) are "identical"

Are you :eek: ?

I wasn't because the Mazdaspeed & Eibach and identical other than powder coat color.

AZ

41 - 58 of 58 Posts