Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
scvscions said:
I'm doing a pamoramic but not till after september.
OK, I decided to go through some old posts, mostly out of curiosity since I've only been on this forum for about a month, and this topic caught my eye.

When I was going over options, one thing they mentioned (or suggested) was the panaramic sun/moon roof. As it was $1300, I decided to forgo, but now that it's been mentioned, I really would like to see what it would look like.

Did you get it installed?how much did you pay?do you like it? and of course, WHERE'S THE PICTURE?!?!?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm guessing the sunroof is a dealer-installed option rather than one from the factory? I think it would be pretty cool to have one of thoss sliding "rag-top" sunroofs across the whole roof!

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
Eric said:
Some dealers offer it as an option, but it's not one offered on Scion.com :)
There are probably hundreds of dealer installed options that are not shown on Scion.com..

The sunroof(s), a rear cargo tray, heated seats, leather seats...

As long as the dealer has a good service department, I should think you could get just about any Toyota option installled (that will fit in the xB, that is)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would love to get a sunroof in my xb, but my only worry would be that you wouldn't be able to have the car washed commercially(due to leakage). :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
my dealer didn't offer it as an option, or I would've jumped at the chance.

So are there any problems/issues taking it to someone to have it installed aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I used to install them aftermarket. If you go to a good place the job will be done well. Its not really that difficult to do. Its the cutting that takes skill and precision. The only problem is that depending on the car some look good after its done and some look like crap. Not the outside, the inside. However the xB has a very flat roof, and its usually those that turn out the best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eric said:
Wonder what a Second Gen Scion xB looks like with a Sunroof?

sorry for the post but your picture is interesting and i just wanted to ask you how much do they charge you for the sunroof and where you got it done cause i have one and i'm interested in getting it done to mines i live in los angeles california. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
The RS5 comes standard with a factory sun roof - but that is the only way to get a factory install. My dealer offered an aftermarket sun roof, but they said it was not as nice as the factory on the RS5. The sun roof ended up being the reason I bought the RS5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts