Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will try to get pics up later on, but thought I would go ahead and throw up the ad.

2008 Scion xB
5-speed
white
Just under 97,000 miles.

Not the cleanest body, previous owners were not nice to it. Has some dents and scratches. No inner fenders, no idea why. They weren't there when I got it.

Interior is good, floormats are not stock. Stereo and interior speakers are aftermarket, ran through amp in hatch.

No serious aftermarket parts. Cherry bomb muffler with shadetree welded piping. Rattles just slightly if the revs drop around 500rpm. Thought about putting a bracket strap on it but its been sorta cold lately.
K&N air filter.

Since I have owned it I replaced a rear rotor, new NGK iridium spark plugs, and new tires about 2000 miles ago. Runs and shifts fine, I drive it 40 miles a day on my commute, changed the oil every 3000 miles, no brand in-particular, whatever is on sale, generally Pennzoil or Mobile1.

No check engine lights, or maintenance lights.

Will try to post pics later, local deals, cash only. Will travel to meet within 100 miles or so. Maybe farther if I can find a friend who will go that far.

Asking $7200 but up for offers. Will trade for automatic Altima, Maxima, Accord, Civic, xterra or similar. Must be 4 door, Toyota, Nissan, or Honda.

Located in Taylor County, Kentucky.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Loving all the honesty! ;p
GLWS man

heres a picture after he got it

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
http://i.imgur.com/V1Th8r0.jpg

Here are some more pics.

The reason i'm selling sort of starts with the car I had before this one. I had a Nissan Xterra (supercharged :D) that was a great family vehicle, but got terrible gas mileage and I got stuck driving it to work every day and it was killing me in fuel costs. So I sold it and went through a couple of temporary cars I got on the cheap until I could find something decent, after a couple of months I found a scion like 200 miles away but it looked like a decent deal, so I drove up to Ohio (this interaction is about 50% why I hate Ohio btw) to meet with the owner, who was a younger guy.

He gave me the story about the previous owners, one was a middle aged woman who bought it new, then she let her son learn how to drive a 5-speed in it, idk why you do that in an 08, and he ate up the transmission sort of bad. So the kid took it to Aamco or whatever to have the synchros replaced and a new clutch put in. He got it super cheap and just wanted a truck instead.

So even though it had a few more meh issues I went ahead and bought it as the new family car. The kicker is even though the deal I got was good, my wife hates driving manual around town and thats about as far as she ever goes so again im in it on my daily drive which is fine for gas mileage but I really don't wanna rack up 40 miles a day on a nice car, SO!

Im selling it to get her a nice altima or accord or maybe another xterra because it was pretty sweet and I'm getting me a little DD project car like another MR2 or del sol or something good on gas I can run around in.

TL; DR
It's just not working out, it's not you, it's me.

Edit:
Actually if anyone just has an automatic they wanna swap with me even if it has a few extra miles on it i'd probably be up for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.