Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I got tired of getting terrible gas mileage in my 2007 Jeep Liberty so I traded it in for a 2006 Mazda3 hatchback. Loved it but it was a little small. The gear shift stuck in park the fourth day I had it. Was under warranty. They fixed it (cost them $750 for a new shift assembly) but I got spooked and traded that car in for a 2008 Scion xB with 60,000 miles.

Before I test drove the xB I had never paid much attention to them. I liked the cargo room. It looks like it has more space than my Jeep did, it feels safer than the Mazda3, and I think it will be a reliable vehicle.

Things I like about the 2008 xB are that it has a 2.4 motor (the same motor out of a Camry) which sounds dependable, will be better on gas than the jeep, and not underpowered. I like the iPod/auxillary input, the curtain side air bags, the huge cargo hull, the overall look, and the price. I like that it is silver because I hate washing my car and silver hides dirt and water stains better than other colors. I like the tinted gun slit windows and the lines of the car. I think it looks good without any mods, and probably won't spend a lot on any other mods.

I think the armrest sucks and am hoping to find an easy solution to it. I have the manual transmission. Have been getting used to shifting. It seems hard to take off without lurching the vehicle. I found if I leave the clutch in a little bit between 1st and 2nd it shifts smoother than letting the clutch out completely, but don't know if that is bad for the clutch or transmission.

I'm 40 years old and don't feel the need to race my vehicles and I don't care for some loss of funk factor between the first gen to the second. Don't think I would have been very happy with the earlier generation. I think this vehicle will suit me well.

Happy New Year to everyone.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Welcome to the forum Level.

Your XB looks great and as for modding it, some people do and some people don't. I think you will love the feel of the ride, the peppiness of the engine, and the reliability of the Scion and enjoy your XB as much as we do!

BTW... I didn't think I was going to mod mine either! LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sweet looking ride! Congratulations.

I've owned a motorcycle and a truck, which I've modified heavily. I was never sorry I did, but doing so had really changed the way they rode and the way things worked. Like you, I've decided to keep my XB stock in favor of reliability and comfort; I really think the designers of the car knew what they were doing, and who am I to mess with that!?!?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK well maybe I'll get some spray plastic dip and try painting the hubcaps like 09Igloo did. That looks pretty cool. Dark window visors would be functional and look good. I'd like a bug/rock visor on the front. Not a bra, though. Doesn't look like any are available. Bummer. Would love a spoiler but I can't justify spending over $100 for one. Think I'll duct tape a 1x4 to the armrest. I think that thing is torturous. I hate hate hate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.