Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just in case this hasnt made it on here yet. this is the official list.

xB RS 5.0
Exterior Color: Gold Rush (0580)
MSRP: $2400
Volume: 2500
Production Months: Jan.-Feb.
Release Dates: Detroit Autoshow Jan. 13th

Details:
Sunroof
Kenstyle body kit
Color-tuned interior
RS Badge
RS wheel covers

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Funny you should post this I was just talking to my local dealer about the info. He said he had to get back to his rep. because he couldn't remember the details. I asked him about the color and they "think" its going to be the gold color they have up on the internet. Also not sure how many they are gonna get. He said at least one, maybe two and auto and a manual. If the gold is the same as the 5 axis I am going to put in a deposit asap. If not then I will get another one. Also the MSRP, I am guessing you missed a zero. Should probably read $24,000. Why so much? Thats not like the $1500 difference the other RS versions had. Also is the sunroof factory, and will it be a future option later on? I would still think for that price they could have at least given us rims and not wheel covers.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i didnt miss a zero. the $2400 is the RS package price. take msrp, add $2400, and you have the price of an rs 5.0 xB.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah I kinda figured later on. I answerd pretty quickly on the way out the door. While thinking about it afterwards I realized what you were saying. $24k would be quite a bit an expensive xB, It would have to be one hella a nice ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont have pics yet. i will be trying to get those this week. but not even my regional rep has seen them yet. someone has to have a spy shot, but they are keeping it to themselves so far.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Thanks for the RS alert ElkGroveScion!

i really liked the gold on the Axis demo xB so hopefully it will be something like that! wonder what the kenstyle body kit will look like...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
talked to my local dealer today with the fiance. She is definatly more open to the car now that she saw how nice it is inside. They told me they can lock in my deposit for $500. I was thinking more around $1000 and he said they can do it for anywhere between that I want. Also I was told that its going to be a march release time, most likely the end of march. Also they still haven't seen any photos and think that we won't see anything unitl just before release. However I was told I could drop my deposit and if I don't like it I can use it on a different xB. So I may go ahead and drop some cash on it. They also told me that the color is not going to be any color every used by toyota before.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The only thing I think I would wish for in my xB is a sunroof. That big flat surface is begging for, even (gasp), yes.... 2 sunroofs!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eric said:
Interesting... still has wheel covers and I'm not diggin' the seats at all.

i am glad it doesn't have wheels. it would just increase the cost, and if you bought one, you would have the same wheels as everyone else who bought one.
i am with you on the seats, for sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well, you can expect it all you want, but it does seem unlikely... :p

i am sure the kit has a lot to do with the increase in cost. by the time our five axis kit was painted and installed, we were into it for about 2000 our cost. a factory moonroof option is only about 800 retail.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts