Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Agreed, I do a lot of hard driving in my vehicles and its necessary to change my maintenance parts earlier than the normal period. Filters, Belts, Tires, Oil, coolant, all of that wears out faster the more you drive your car and the harder you drive your car. Its even considered "harsh" conditions if you drive 25 miles to work everyday but its all stop and go traffic that takes a couple hours. In these cases you would need to change out those maintenance items much sooner than another person would. I can tell you from experience that these things wear out MUCH faster when racing. Why else would race cars change out their brakes, tires, oil, and other fluids after each race? Sure its probably good for a few more miles but when your talking about the longevity of your engine you need to ensure the best thing is in there. My old Toyota pickup I turned it into a pre-runner for the AZ desert. That thing hauled!! Toyota recommended changing out the fuel filter every 20,000 miles or so. I had to change mine out every 3,000 miles or the truck really suffered from lack of fuel. It all depends on the conditions :D.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.