Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to give my 08 xB a safari, Baja rally look with roof rack, KC lights and big knobby tires but I don't want to lift it if I can avoid it! What is the biggest tire I can put on it and stay with in stock clearances? I'm even considering going down on wheel size to accommodate a bigger tire... Advice?

Dan

· Registered
1,033 Posts
I'm even considering going down on wheel size to accommodate a bigger tire...
Someone on this forum is running 15" wheels but the only reason he can do it is because he is using spacers to clear the brakes. Else I don't think you can go with smaller wheels.

For tires, most of us have not experimented with larger rolling radii than stock (notice I did not say larger wheels, since a lot of folks have done that). Keeping a similar rolling radius helps keep speedometer errors to a minimum.

Good luck!

· Registered
107 Posts
yeah some guys think if they put 17 or 18 inch wheels on their cars it will take up more gap in the fender well...not sure they fully understand the concept ... although the increased rim size does look great, the actual diameter of the tire remains the same size and the ride quality suffers due to less side wall buffering from the tire. if you try to go with a 15 inch tire with the same diameter as a stock wheel your side wall be even greater causing alot of flexing and ultimately deminishing the handling characteristics of your box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.