Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum here. Seriously looking at the Scion xB for business purposes.....need the room. I'm reading about some minor '08 flaws such as narrow armrest, lack of passsenger armrests, only 1 DC outlet, 1 back up light, no day/night rearview mirror, 1 color for upholstery, etc. Curious as to if there are after market fixes for these issues or if there are possible fixes for the 2009 model?. Just when do the 2009's hit the dealers? Something worth waiting for? Any inside information on what's coming in next years model or where to find that info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Are any of those really deal busters for you? I just bought mine Friday and it should be ready to pick up by the end of this week. I can tell you that there are lots of leather seat choices as far as colors. I've driven a new Chrysler or Dodge company car for the last 20 years with all the amenities and I'm pretty excited about my new XB.

·
Registered
195 Posts
JDKD said:
New to forum here. Seriously looking at the Scion xB for business purposes.....need the room. I'm reading about some minor '08 flaws such as narrow armrest, lack of passsenger armrests, only 1 DC outlet, 1 back up light, no day/night rearview mirror, 1 color for upholstery, etc. Curious as to if there are after market fixes for these issues or if there are possible fixes for the 2009 model?. Just when do the 2009's hit the dealers? Something worth waiting for? Any inside information on what's coming in next years model or where to find that info would be appreciated.
I love the armrest, I love the backup light, I love the 2008 scion xB, youre probably looking at the wrong car. You should Get something else.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The lone backup light is definitely one of the features that make this ride unique.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Sonicmyk said:
I love the armrest, I love the backup light, I love the 2008 scion xB, youre probably looking at the wrong car. You should Get something else.
You can't be serious about the t-rex armrest.. the backup light, while it looks really cool, is a bit dim.

But who cares.. I'm more and more lovin' my xB day by day :yes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
JDKD said:
narrow armrest is fine for me, as for lack of passenger armrests? my passengers use the OS! handle most of the time, and they have an armrest on the door.

Day/night rear view mirror is standard, and auto is available, I've seen them somewhere, here is one for 07 http://www.autoanything.com/mirrors/61A2074A0A0A2587079.aspx

as for single color upholstery, it keeps the cost down.

And DC outlets can be made to fit anywhere, someone here has installed them in the back of his.

Two backup lights can be installed by putting in the japan version tailights, actually three backup lights if you don't change the bumber out.
Just pick anycar you want and make it your own.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Eric, you say '09's out in a couple of months ?? Is that usual to come out so early in the year for Scions ?
I'm also waiting to see if the '09 xB has remedied some of the minor drawbacks and to see if there are any new colors. Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just saw an ad for '09 Corolla's and '09 Camry's so perhaps the xB's are not too far behind. Of course the local car dealer said yesterday the new xB's wouldn't be out til Nov or Dec . He's gotta sell his '08's today !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts