Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

does anyone know where i can get a bug shield for my 09 xb?
i drive a lot of freeway miles and i think this would help cut down some of the chips & dings!

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been looking for one too, but no luck so far. I checked WeatherTech but they don't have it yet. I think if the design is nice it would looks good on a XB too.

Yeah, let us know if whoever can find one.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the 3M "clear bra." Seems nice so far and you have to look for it to really notice it. (At least on my Super White). I have seen different prices for this, but they hit me up for over $700 from the dealership. But when I look at the front end of the my Camry with all the nicks and dings, I think the investment may be good a few years from now. You may find some places around your area that can do it a lot cheaper. I also have an Explorer and the nicks on the front were not the big problem, it was the window cracks from the rocks causing the damage.

The "clear bra" that I have covers the entire front end.

·
Registered
2008 xB
566 Posts
Here's what the Colgan T-bra looks like. It took some getting used to, but I'm quite happy with it now. Unlike the bug shield, you have to take it off when it rains or you wash your xB. On the other hand it's not as "soccer mom" as a bug shield (with apologies to all soccer moms reading this).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks All,

You guys have a great site and are a big help to newbies like me!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just paid $700 for a 3m clear shield for my 08 350 Z and should have done it when I bought it! It turned out great! I couldnt find a bug shield for the Scion but the clear shield guy said he would just do the front of the hood for $200, that is the most vulnerable part anyway, just like my Z, the bumber was fine, (Plastic) but everytime I drove it to LA from Palm Springs the hood & the fenders were peppered! Nagaro Red with 2 part touch up! I think Nissan should be shot for the lack of paint on the car! Only 3000 miles and the Z is pretty thrashed but better late than never. Anyway, I cant find a bug shield and strap on bra's suck in the long run. I used Mastershield in Palm Desert, Ca and they were very cool and it looks great!
Good Luck
Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.