Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I just joined the site and I am in the process of saving money to get an 09 XB. My desire is to place some 20" rims on the car. However, I am not sure if the car can support that size. I looked at this chart http://newscionxb.com/wheels_tires/eddnogs_xb_20_wheel_tire_chart-t23.0.html and it shows that there may be some issues with that size rim.

So, anyone out there running twenties and not having any issues?

I am thinking about purchasing these rims.
http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/prod...ehicle_model=xB > 2008->&t1=235-30r20&t2=&t3=

thanks for your help and replies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it all has to depend on what suspension your running! I've seen plenty of xB2's with 20's but they aren't lowered. All the ones that I've seen lowered with 20's have rubbing issues.

More info would be nice :yes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking about lowering it but I wasn't sure if there would be rubbing issue. I was thinking a 1 inch drop from either the TRD springs or Eibachs. If there are rubbing issues then I wouldn't do it. Makes no sense to lower it and then suffer the consequences.

I may go with 19"s and then do the 1inch drop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With that small of a drop, some people have gotten away with the 20x8 wheels (which there isn't many wheels available in that size) but that also includes them putting on very low profile rubbers! They still rub sometimes.....just not as much! I wanted the biggest wheel possible and the most drop possible with no rubbing. I researched a lot too. I went with the Tanabe DF210's and a 19"x8" wheels with a 45 offset and with a 225/35 rubber and my research payed off. Haven't rubbed once even with a loaded car (Wife, 2 kids, myself and a complete audio system in the back).

Hope this helps! Maybe someone else can chime in with more info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.