Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of some ppl getting snaked when buying a new 2010 xb, but getting the old 2009 radio. Does anyone know the visual difference between the 2 radios?

·
Registered
338 Posts
The three new radios look totally different than the old ones. I looked at 2010's yesterday

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think I wish I had a differant radio, I don't find the multi function control knob to be all that user friendly for my tecno tard patience level. Also no mute button ? This does not fall under KISS (keep it simple stupido)
You got to be ------------- me $450.00 for the Alpine. Has to be a very good/ excellant aftermarket radio out there.
Grump,grump,grump- senior slang for rant,rant,rant :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the 09 with the upgrade Pioneer. I read where the only difference between the 09 and the 10 with this radio is the 10 has a plug for the subwoofer and the 09 does not--has to be hard wired in.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I wish I had the upgrade radio in mine I hate line out converters. :mad:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Let me ask youz xB'ers this radio question: When I first saw the car- the spot for the radio was empty. I said whats the deal- they gave me the "build your Scion" blah, blah.
Did I miss something at that point concerning the radio/ If I would have taken the Alpine without nav system for about $450. did they credit you for the base radio and it was like $150.00 more ? ???

·
Registered
284 Posts
Blk Box said:
Let me ask youz xB'ers this radio question: When I first saw the car- the spot for the radio was empty. I said whats the deal- they gave me the "build your Scion" blah, blah.
Did I miss something at that point concerning the radio/ If I would have taken the Alpine without nav system for about $450. did they credit you for the base radio and it was like $150.00 more ? ???
Blk Box was that in AZ. I went to Camelback Toyota in Phx, AZ and they told me the same bullshit. No stereo so that you can built your own. Thats how they get you. Went to Avondale Scion and they had the '10 already with stereo. I would have HATED!!!!! to have cruzed around with a cardboard cut out of "Place stereo here" Kinda embarrasing. hahah

·
Registered
21 Posts
Blk Box said:
My car when I test drove it was sans radio and hubcaps so I could "choose my own"....When I came back a week later to pick it up everything had been installed and the car detailed. I think that's pretty standard practice for them, although personally I would have rather test drove it with the options already on/in the car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Blk Box said:
They are scamming you with the whole "build your Scion" with the radio. Shop somewhere else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Units are normally delivered w/ standard equipment in place. Would hate to think some idiot is removing equipment inside a car I would want to buy. Some common practice by devious dealers.
Camelback Toyota is owned by the Van Tuyl Group which are rip off artists. They go by the Mel U. motto to make you feel like you got a good deal (not). Avondale Toyota was a joy. Don't play those 4-square games.
Would call this a switchascrewee.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Bubba655 said:
Units are normally delivered w/ standard equipment in place. Would hate to think some idiot is removing equipment inside a car I would want to buy. Some common practice by devious dealers.
Camelback Toyota is owned by the Van Tuyl Group which are rip off artists. They go by the Mel U. motto to make you feel like you got a good deal (not). Avondale Toyota was a joy. Don't play those 4-square games.
Would call this a switchascrewee.
I know exzactly what you are talking about, went to Camelback toyota because they had the silver color I wanted but i ended up with a darker color and a way better deal. No crap Camelback is a Screw you me want money place. I will go back to Avondale any time.!!!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
andie said:
Blk Box said:
My car when I test drove it was sans radio and hubcaps so I could "choose my own"....When I came back a week later to pick it up everything had been installed and the car detailed. I think that's pretty standard practice for them, although personally I would have rather test drove it with the options already on/in the car.
Sorry I didn't grt back to this post. The above was my stituation and I agree it should have been in the car to make a choice/decision at purchase. After the fact/purchase radio limitation or unuser friendly functions in my opnion does effect my overall purchase satisfaction. Shoulda-cuda-woulda- :sneaky:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.