Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, doesn't look like oznium are planning on making a custom drl vent kit for the 2011-2012 model xb's, so i am thinking of buying some of there superflux 4 chip and making my own for my rukus, basically drilling straight into the vent, they are supposed to be waterproof and have good reviews..

i have seen a couple other drl kits for the 2011-2012 .. ie.. trd sparks ( so expensive for minimal leds )

has anyone decided to do this yet?, pics would be great.. thanks.

· Registered
979 Posts
yeah, I haven't seen anyone making them for the 2011+ models. might be worth while to shoot oznium a message about them
This is what Oznium posted on their website:

"When will the 2011-2012 model be available?
Sorry, no plans. Here's why:
Just like with the 2008-2010 model we've made, the 2011-2012 model would be a 100% custom molded part. This means we'd have to pay about $15,000 to $20,000 for development costs including plastic injection molds and tooling.

If we sell for $130 per set, and if everything goes to plan, it would take at least three years to break even (based on sales rate of the 2008-2010 model), so we don't think it makes sense to invest in this."

· Registered
266 Posts
This guy did something pretty cool!

· Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is what Oznium posted on their website:

"When will the 2011-2012 model be available?
Sorry, no plans. Here's why:
Just like with the 2008-2010 model we've made, the 2011-2012 model would be a 100% custom molded part. This means we'd have to pay about $15,000 to $20,000 for development costs including plastic injection molds and tooling.

If we sell for $130 per set, and if everything goes to plan, it would take at least three years to break even (based on sales rate of the 2008-2010 model), so we don't think it makes sense to invest in this."
Yeah that's why i knew they had no plans on producing them :(
This guy did something pretty cool!
That does look cool, basically same look as the oznium ones for the older bar, i can't seem to find anything that will fit straight in which gives the same look... looks like it might be a diy job :flex:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.