Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention NewScionxB Members:

FastScions.com just did its 1st Cold Air Intake Install on the All-New 2011 Scion xB. We installed the Injen xB2 Intake with Gloss Black Finish (PN SP2106). Injen still has them listed as 2008 - 2009, but we had installed them on 2010's before, but never a 2011.

Sure enough, both the upper and lower mounting positions were in exactly the same positions! The install was flawless and obviously provided great power gains throughout the entire rpm range. 10-11hp Gain is expected with this system. The Injen Cold Air Intake SP2106 is available in Gloss Black or a Polished Finish and FREE SHIPPING is currently available through our website. 5% Discount also available only for New Scion xB Members. Just enter "newscionxb" in the coupon code section of checkout.

2011 xB Power!!

Link to the Injen Cold Air Intake

www.fastscions.com/injen-cold-air-intake-scion-xb-2008-2009-2010-2011-SP2106.aspx

· Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2012 XB and am interested in this CAI. Are the installation instructions (hopefully w/ photos) posted anywhere?

I'm new to the Xb world and want to know what I'm getting into (including possible issues / engine codes) before I get into this.

· Registered
658 Posts
A CAI will not/should not throw a code and the intake itself should* come with directions including some sort of pictures in install. They are easy, I've done a few.

*"should" does not mean "will."

· Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I was hoping since Fastscions posted this they might also be able to post up the directions so I know what I'm getting into *before* I buy the thing.

I went to the Ingen site and don't even see this CAI listed let alone the install directions a lot of aftermarket suppliers have available.

· Registered
658 Posts
Due to the amount of CAI's Injen makes you'll be hard pressed to find the install for a specific vehicle online. Might be better off emailing them as someone who bought a kit and did not receive any installation directions. That'd be where I'd start.

In reality, they're all pretty similar. There are really only two styles. One that's in the engine area and one that is filtered from the front left quarter panel like the Injen. I chose AFe because I've always run them and had great luck with them. I also liked that I didn't have to pull off the bumper or quarter panel per the request of the install instructions like with the Injen style. Whether or not you actually have to pull the bumper and QP, I do not know but I know my install was far easier and I gained the same HP/Torque in the end since everything in in the engine area with a heat shield. I would also guess my filter will last far longer too. Might not look as cool to others but the performance was all I cared about since I don't drive with the hood up.

· Registered
67 Posts
OK, thanks. That was the big thing with me too, I don't want to have to pull the front of the car off. Maybe the AFE is the ticket.

Could you post a pic of how it looks on your ride??

Thanks.

· Registered
67 Posts
I went to the AFE site and they had install instructions (including a finished pic). Looks like an easy deal and I've been satisfied with AFE stuff in the past too. Thanks!!!

· Registered
67 Posts
Dry or oil filter?? Opinions??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.