Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a while since I last posted anything ! My 2011 xb tail lights finally came in and I am going to put them on in the morning. I tried them on and They fit but just like the rumion tail lights they have a small gap at the bottom! You can hardly notice it unless you are up close . And i mean like really up close up! I know people are going to ask what am I going to do with reverse light on the back bumper! Well just like the Honda fanatics, I am going to put a red bulb and use it as a 3rd break light. I also already instaled a red led in the reverse light so that when I turn on my tail lamps it lightsnup in red!
I have all the things I need! I will post pics soon and I hope you guys like it!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
I was curious as to the lower shape change. I've not been able to measure the lengths to see which was longer, though it's an obviously different shape.

Thanks for letting is know. Now, picts please.

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry i took so long there was a small storm that went by and i had to time to take pics.. so here are the 2011 lights on my box. i also took pics of the gap between the lights and the bumper . i also added
1.side mirror visors
2.hood dampers
3. oznium vent lights'' i painted them amber with smoke over the amber to make it look like the stock vent cover.
4. c pillar strut bar in the engine bay ( I don't think that it does anything but i thought it was cool)
I hope that you like what i have done so far.... and again sorry for taking so long

· Registered
782 Posts
It has been a while since I last posted anything ! My 2011 xb tail lights finally came in and I am going to put them on in the morning. I tried them on and They fit but just like the rumion tail lights they have a small gap at the bottom! You can hardly notice it unless you are up close . And i mean like really up close up! I know people are going to ask what am I going to do with reverse light on the back bumper! Well just like the Honda fanatics, I am going to put a red bulb and use it as a 3rd break light. I also already instaled a red led in the reverse light so that when I turn on my tail lamps it lightsnup in red!
I have all the things I need! I will post pics soon and I hope you guys like it!
Red lights are all very well, but what if it's actually dark and you need to see behind you when backing up? What is the right answer then?

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Red lights are all very well, but what if it's actually dark and you need to see behind you when backing up? What is the right answer then?
my new tail lights have reverse lights in them already..i put white led's for the back up lights.. and the old reverse light '' the circle one on the bumper'' is now a break light.... so i can see very well.. i think that its useless to have 3 back up lights .... two is just fine...

· Registered
647 Posts
BadA$$ man... I like your mods.

· Registered
846 Posts
The new tail/back up lights look good. What was the cost of those lites and did all the mounting points match up? How 'bout the connectors?

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The new tail/back up lights look good. What was the cost of those lites and did all the mounting points match up? How 'bout the connectors?
The light fits right in because the bolt pattern is the same ...as for the light bulb socket I had to go to a local junk yard and rip off other cars and wired them all up!!! I spent about $240 for both lights and like $10 bucks for the light socket!!!!

Phobic-
Sorry to hear that you do not dig the rumion badges but I love jdm styling!!!
I appreciate the scion and it's still a scion... I tell everyone that... But even with my old cars I always re badged the car to the japanese version...it's basically the same thing just produced in a different country... And plus my wife is Japanese so she loves it!!! :p

· Registered
15 Posts
I very pleased to see that the newer style light fixtures will fit in an '08. The gap isn't bad at all. Is there room in there for a short LED strip to fit in? I think the old backup light location would make a great place for a nice bright red LED fog light tied in with the front fogs.

If you'd be so kind, could you post some details about the hood lifts? Yours is the first one I've seen done.

Thanks for the inspiration.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Based on the sig:
"I LOVE HATERS!!!!!! (MATHEW 5:44)"
I would say so.

Be lovers of the light that bears life.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.