Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im about to buy the 2011 tc wheels, but i dont know what lug nuts to get, nor do i know the correct tire pressure (being as im not getting the tmps)
any help would be great!
Thanks!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I thought the TC had different wheels than the XB.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 2011 was changed to a 5x114.3 the '10 and earlier has 5x100... i think im going to get them painted white or black though... not sure, i may keep the gun metal for a while.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'd go with black. Or you could be daring and do some other color that works well with classic silver. Like.....green ha. Do it!

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's going to take me forever to save up for rims. With the rims and tires together and getting the car balanced and all that jazzy is so expensive. Plus I live in a bad neighborhood and they would probably be stolen the next morning.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I was told those don't protect much, just slows them down.

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
746 Posts
The trick to stealing wheels is not to have a bunch of locks but a strong set of metric sockets in tight increments. That is to say 14mm, 14.5, 14.74 and so on. A hammer and a chisel help too. My best recommendation is to buy cheaper lugs as the metal is more likely to strip when the pound on the lug socket to force it. Or park in good neighborhoods.

CR MUTEKI LUG NUTS LEXUS SCION 12X1.5 M12 1.5 RED | eBay

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The trick to stealing wheels is not to have a bunch of locks but a strong set of metric sockets in tight increments. That is to say 14mm, 14.5, 14.74 and so on. A hammer and a chisel help too. My best recommendation is to buy cheaper lugs as the metal is more likely to strip when the pound on the lug socket to force it. Or park in good neighborhoods.

CR MUTEKI LUG NUTS LEXUS SCION 12X1.5 M12 1.5 RED | eBay
you took the words out of my mouth!!! (well keyboard)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I Bought the wheels!!!!!!!! debating on a color to paint them!! maybe phillies blue, or red, white or black!!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Splines are mostly the same pattern, so someone just needs a spline socket.
Keylocks are more varied.

·
Registered
45 Posts
same wheels i want to get

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There are a couple sets on ebay, but none come with the TPMS. The ones I got are from a shop in Cali that had it up on the scionlife forum. With the TPMS! They will arrive Monday according to UPS.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Out of all the 2011 tC takeoffs i've looked at in the last month (ebay, CL, forums, other) that set on SL was the only one that had decent tires mounted. Shipping cost to IN put them just out of my budget--congrats on a good purchase!!

earl

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got them to drop the price a little :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.