Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my XB with 7300miles on it and now that I've driven it a couple weeks and have about 8000miles on it, I've noticed it idles rough sometimes when the coolant temp. is low, especially sitting at a red light in drive. Once the engine warms up, it idles nice and smooth. And its not that I can hear it missing or anything, I can just feel it running a little rough through the floor and my seat. I was just wondering if this is normal until they warm up? It also doesn't seem like it happens all the time. My 08 Jeep Wrangler that i traded in on it did this all the time when it was cold, but that was pretty much normal for it. Thanks.

· Registered
200 Posts
does it idle rough and get louder for like 8 seconds then sttop and then repeat? it may just be it cooling itself down.

· Registered
658 Posts
does it idle rough and get louder for like 8 seconds then sttop and then repeat? it may just be it cooling itself down.
That was also my first thought. I keep mine garaged and when the heat gets up there in Kentucky it initially idles hard but its to be expected.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was also my first thought. I keep mine garaged and when the heat gets up there in Kentucky it initially idles hard but its to be expected.
I'm assuming you guys are talking about when the cooling fan kicks in? I'm experiencing the rough idle first thing in the morning on my way to work. It'll do it when the low coolant temp. light is on and shortly after its off too, but once its up to normal operating temp., its fine. Its under warranty yet, I was just curious if this is a normal thing or if I should get it checked out.

· Registered
1,033 Posts
coolant lights on 2011

i have an 11 as well and ive been wondering what the point of the "low coolant temp" light is...and why does it come on when it's in the 90's outside?
I also have a 2011. Since we don't have a real coolant temp guage we get idiot lights. The Low Coolant Temp light is there in case our thermostant gets stuck wide open and cools the engine too much. Since the normal coolant temp when the engine is warmed up is about 180 degrees, 90 degrees is cold for an engine. The Low Coolant Temp light normally goes out after a few minutes but if it stays on much longer, that's an indication of a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.