Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to find an accurate color rendition of the 2 new Xb colors for 2011? Also when are they going to be at the dealers. I am on Long Island and saw the Elusive Blue at the NY Car Show but the lighting was terrible and it was hard to get a true idea of it. Thanks

· Registered
741 Posts
You could try Scion.com

· Registered
782 Posts
Parkers09xB said:
Hmmm... the Rukus

I'm just glad nothing else looks like the '08 -'10 xB :)
I wouldn't mind the 2011 looking like it. I'm really interested to see how the relative sales numbers go with the new appearance. The more mainstream it looks, the less interest the original target market will probably have in it. It's looking to me like the "box" appearance is step-by-step being discarded, is that good or bad?

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the market decides, but I clearly recall the 1G owners being up-in-arms about the 2G. And my initial impression is that the 2G owners are less than excited about the appearance of the latest incarnation. How does it fair against the Cube and Soul? Personally, I'm suspecting Toyota has thrown in the towel.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I belong to the local Miata club in the NY metro area and when Mazda changed the front of their cars over to the big mouth grin look everyone was hating it. Now it has grown on me and others and it is accepted. :)

· Registered
342 Posts
Parkers09xB said:
I think if they are gonna change it any more, they should give it a different name like they did with the xA to the xD.
^^^ maybe the yB? bO? wB?

· Registered
782 Posts
Graywolf 06 said:
I belong to the local Miata club in the NY metro area and when Mazda changed the front of their cars over to the big mouth grin look everyone was hating it. Now it has grown on me and others and it is accepted. :)
I'm not meaning to criticize the 2011, it's just interesting the way these things evolve over time. In another year or two it'll be time for the next generation -- wonder what direction that will take?

Personally, I'm just waiting for the aftermarket 2011 Telescoping-Steering-Column retrofit kit for the 2008-2010 -- gimme :)!

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
What has been claimed is that they wanted to use "xE," but Jaguar claimed the rights to it and xF. So, they went with a second gen of xB and now of tC.

I'm fine w/ whatever Scion/Toyota decides to call it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.