Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI All:

Guess I got my 2011 just in time cause the dealership I bought her from has been sold out with a waiting list of 6 people as of last week. (They sell a fair amount to cab companies.) Also sold out most of their xDs too.

I'm curious to see if Toyota eventually brings assembly over to North America...............

Caerann
Chicago, IL

· Premium Member
811 Posts
The tC is made in the US. There is no JDM for tC's. Many of the Toyota models are made stateside also, but the xB is made FOR Toyota in Japan, so it is unlikely that they will be made here. After the earthquake and tsunami, Toyota plants cut back because of the disaster and the impact it had on the workers. They did not want to make the workers come back while their homes were devasted. It should all clear up soon and shipments will start to arrive.

· Premium Member
848 Posts
Places where cars and parts are made
Factory Name Work Done and Things Made (as of August 2010)Honsha Plant Forged parts, motors for hybrid vehiclesMotomachi Plant Crown Majesta, Crown, Mark X, EstimaKamigo Plant EnginesTakaoka Plant Corolla, iQMiyoshi Plant Transmission-related parts, cold-forged and sintered partsTsutsumi Plant Prius, Camry, Premio, Allion, Scion tCMyochi Plant Suspension cast parts, suspension machine partsShimoyama Plant Engines, turbochargers, VVT, catalytic convertersKinuura Plant Transmission-related partsTahara Plant LS, GS, IS, WISH, Land Cruiser, Vanguard, 4Runner, GX, RAV4, enginesTeiho Plant Mechanical equipment, moldings for forging and casting and resin-molding diesHirose Plant Research and development and production of electronic control devices, IC

· Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts
The tC is made in the US. There is no JDM for tC's. Many of the Toyota models are made stateside also, but the xB is made FOR Toyota in Japan, so it is unlikely that they will be made here. After the earthquake and tsunami, Toyota plants cut back because of the disaster and the impact it had on the workers. They did not want to make the workers come back while their homes were devasted. It should all clear up soon and shipments will start to arrive.

Maybe the newer ones are made in the US, but the older models were all from Japan. I did PDI for 2 1/2 yrs for Toyota Carlsbad/Scion. And all we had came in from Japan.

As far as sales go, I see xB's all over the place and regularly see as many as5 to 10 on my 78 mile drive every morning. They must be doing well. I have only seen 4 RS8's around So. Cal.

· Registered
116 Posts
Japanese initial and long term quality cannot be beaten, so I'm happy they are built there. There are tons of xB Taxis in Las Vegas as well, even Gen 1 models. The dealers have no inventory at the moment either.

· Registered
368 Posts
I hope they keep xB manufacturing over in Japan......I live in Central Florida and I see Gen1 and Gen 2 xBs all the time. Very popular here. What is amazing is the spread in age groups of folks that drive (and love!) their xBs around here. Besides gawking at their cars I always look to see what the age of the driver is...:cool:

BamBam
BoxGT1
:biggrin::rolleyes::)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.