Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Hmm.. redesigend lower front bumper, backup light out of the rear bumper and 2 of 'em into the tail lights...
I like the smaller upper grill... does the front look longer to you?

Nice design touch in the seating areas...

Oooh.. telescoping steering wheel!!

Temp and clock in the same guage!!! WHoohoo!!!!

Overall, not bad. Not sure if i like the longer look, but the other minor changes are nice.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I figured a minor "mid-life crisis" update was coming and here it is.
I can't believe I'm about to say this . . .
But . . .

I like the original exterior better, esp. the front. That looks a bit like a bigger xD nose, which is what I didn't like about the xD.
The rear is nice, but not sure about it till I see it in person.
The interior is very similar, but w/ a new interior seat cover and center console. I'm not a fan of odd-patterned seats, so that is a "downgrade" to me. The console looks interesting. I'm wondering how it looks and functions in person. I DO like how the ipod interface is buried in there. I might retrofit it into mine.
The gauges replaces the temp w/ a clock and outside temp. I'd rather have an engine temp gauge, but that is the sports-driving enthusiast in me. Most would ignore it anyways. They also moved the warning lights to a random scattering in what used to be silver. The silver is limited to just gauge rings. Again, I like the original better, from an aesthetic POV.

I do like the pivoting steering wheel. I wonder if it would make any practical difference for me . . .

·
Registered
613 Posts
Like the seats, but not the pattern. Like the center console. Like the tail lights and rear bumper. I'll need to see one in person to decide wether I like the front or not.

Now here's the million dollar question... Does this mean there's going to be a NEWNEWSCIONXB.com? Or maybe NEWERSCIONXB.com? Lol.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I don't like the new front, at all. But the interior does look a lot better.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Wow!!! I didn’t see this coming at all… I guess I just wasn’t expecting it.

A few things though: I hope they add brighter colors to choose from, I hope they redesign the spoiler a little, and I hope they add a new hubcap option or two.

It’s definitely more like the Runion with the smaller upper grill and tail lights.

I can’t wait to test drive one of these!

Thanks for posting this!

·
Registered
739 Posts
I like the bigger bolster on the seats. Have to agree about seeing it in person. Is this going to be the xB3 or xBCubed?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Looks to me like they are trying to copy the look of the Rumion more. I dont like the front, except maybe the vents, those are kinda cool. I don't like the rear. They removed the rear light, but added two reflectors. Thats even worse. They could put the reflectors in the tail lights like most vehicals and give us a smooth bumper. Hate the seat pattern. Collapsable steering wheel is a win. I will keep mine thank you.

And now this wont be the xB3. This is a face lift not a model change. That won't happen until 2012.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wow. I hate it, and i have to say, i'm glad. I was so worried it was gonna be cooler than mine! I'm glad i have the xb's prime.

They definately went toward the xd and rumion, ew.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I like the convenience features like armrest, telescoping wheel. The bolstered seats are also nice, except for the fabric they chose. The fabric reminds me of something Pontiac might have used on the Aztek. I don't like the front bumper or rear bumper. I rather like my quirky single reverse light thank you very much. Overall I like my current RS 6.0 waaaay better than that 2011. I wonder if the 2011 will finally get a 5 speed auto?

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Well, boys and girls, you knew something was going to happen, but we are purists. Just like those who own Gen1's, we like our Gen2's just the way they are (with a tweak here and a mod there).

I don't care at all for the front. Tails are okay, but not crazy about rear bumper. They will have to raise that console/armrest for it to mean much to me. Don't like not having an engine temperature gauge and I like the clock closer to me.

Okay, that's all for now because there are too many things to talk about with this "upgrade."

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I keep looking at the nose picts and it looks like it is the exact same hood, just a different plastic nose part.  If that's right, it would be an excellent swap should someone be interested in doing that.

I'm ALL for having the parts be interchangeable and allowing owners to mix-and-match to get EXACTLY what that person wants.  The more variety of stock parts available, the better.

Still, that nose looks like an aftermarket one and just doesn't flow well with either the front part of the hood or the raised part of the fender sides.  Of it flowed better (like  similar design does on the Rumion), I'd like it more. The odd lines are QUITE noticeable in the 2/3 front/side view in the gallery- I haven't gotten a img link to the specific shot yet.

Here is the Car and Driver gallery: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/car/10q1/2011_scion_xb-car_news/gallery

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.