Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love the output and fact you didn't go with some ridiculous 20k coloring on your bulbs! What are those? 4500-5000k?

I'd like to know how long a project likethis takes.

Problem I have with my stockers (without HID) is when canyon driving and approaching an incline, it seems they're aimed too low. The cutoff really hurts IMHO because depending on the grade of the incline, at times you can only see 20-30 in front of the car until the car levels out and the cutoff is further up the road. Make sense? So with the cutoff, for this type of driving, it seems you would have to aim your headlamps higher than normal. Without a cutoff, you have some scattered light that shines up and around bends in the road. I guess the best of both worlds would be to get some high quality PIAA or Hella fogs to turn on for canyon driving.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Continuation...

For example in this photo:

Take this photo for example, I see the purpose for the cutoff, and I'm familiar with the design in that most if not all factory vehicles with HID's come with this cutoff, but my gripe is that when the road curves up or around abend it doesn't help.

Looking at this photo, imagine that at that first road edge (end of the driveway), the road goes up. Well the cutoff won't let you see anything above it. Although the stockers aren't as dramatic, they still have the cutoff.

This is meant more as a topic for discussion, as I'm guessing you've done SOME research on the topic, and not a bash in any way on your project. I think what you have is better than stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.