Scion XB Forum banner

2012 Hot Lava RS 9.0 still available?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  BrickPig 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

New to the forum here and newly interested in the xB :) Took a ride in my co-workers for the first time today and was very impressed! I had always been intrigued by the xB but now it looks like I'll have to pick one up :)

And after a few searches here on the forum and on the web it looks like the xB won't be back for MY 2013 and beyond. So it looks like I better pick a new 2012 while they're still available!

Also came across the limited edition Hot Lava RS 9.0 and saw that only 1500 were/will be produced. What I can't tell is if all 1500 are done and sold, if some might still be available on dealer lots and/or if some are still to be produced. I'm traveling for work this week so I won't be able to check with any local dealers until next week, but a quick online check of their inventories show no RS 9.0 xBs available.

On that note, does anyone possibly know if new RS 9.0 xBs are still out there and/or if some are still to be produced??

Thanks!

Discussion starter · #2 ·
Doh...it's been about 5 years since I bought my last new car and for some reason it just hit me to check Cars.com and a few other national new car inventory checkers for 'orange' 2012 xBs :eek:hno:

Good news is there are definitely some new ones left on dealer lots out there....bad news is all the 'reasonably' priced (sticker or so) are thousands of miles away. I had my last new car delivered from a dealer around 1000 miles away and it was damaged in the process so I've vowed to never go through that again. I'm sure I could have better luck this time around, and the RS 9.0 seems to be rare enough that I might not have a choice, but I'll definitely check with the local dealer to see if they might still be able to special order one directly (if there are still some to be built).

And sorry for starting the thread before checking Cars.com first:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.