Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just checked out scion.com, you can now build your 2012 xb.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks like the price went up $300. Has anyone found any info on anything that changes from the '11? I have been wondering what motor is going to be in them.

edit: New standard stereo. Not much else changes.
I'm really surprised they still haven't offered sunroofs on them outside of the RS series. It was what sold me on the RS to be honest, none of the other stuff was really that big of a deal to me.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wish i had a sunroof.
You can get them installed for what most people spend on fancy wheels. Any reputable place will guarantee them for 3 years. I thought about putting one in my FJ and it would've cost $1600 done. I opt'd not to since it would get wrecked off-roading.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would love a sunroof, but I am not interested in aftermarket. I am surprised that they aren't standard like the TC.
I kind of expected the 2.5 and the 6 speed, both manual and auto. I am kind of glad they didn't this year though, it would have made me want to trade mine in. :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Drove two 2012 Scion xB models today. It really is annoying that the product development team doesn't offer a sunroof, a better six speed auto trans, 2.5 engine, a less jarring rear suspension, color keyed (to match the outside body color) interior trim pieces like the circle vent caps, rear seat pockets, wheel covers that are more stylish and different from each other or a base alloy wheel and a RS offered in a more muted color. These guys are either totally clueless or have their heads up their a$$.

That having been said, the 2012 interior is probably the nicest yet, minus the no sunroof except in RS models and drab and dark dash. The new radio has built in bluetooth so you can stream audio and connect your cell phone directly - the radio has cell phone buttons right on the front face plate.

A sweet ride but with the same old negatives. :(

·
Registered
781 Posts
I would love a sunroof, but I am not interested in aftermarket. I am surprised that they aren't standard like the TC.
I kind of expected the 2.5 and the 6 speed, both manual and auto. I am kind of glad they didn't this year though, it would have made me want to trade mine in. :)
Expect another couple years for the 2AR-FE engine and new transmissions to arrive.

·
Registered
658 Posts
lulz, instead mine came with that stupid roof console. I have never put anything in it and always hit my head on it. If they didnt have to cut the headliner to put it in, id rip it out so fast.
Find someone to trade with. I'm sure someone would trade you straight up for it. I would guess there's a fair amount of xB's out there in NorCal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.