Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I know this is in the wrong section but this is one of the posts that needs to be seen. We have only two left for the 2012 model (might be able to find more) Anyway these things sell for $399....we own them for $146...if anyone wants one send me a pm as we have a big margin to bargain....I'm started to feel like Julian Assange of Toyota parts...

· Registered
185 Posts
bummer, they only work with autos... I'd be all over this if it worked with manual trans

· Registered
164 Posts
I've seen manuals with remote starts. I thought they were impossible but apparently you just have to keep the car in neutral and tell the car that the clutch is engaged when the remote start goes off.

My friend had an old manual he could start without hitting the clutch, idk if it was broken or what but he drove it for quite a while.

· Registered
457 Posts
The factory remote start is only designed to work with autos.

There are aftermarket ones designed to work with manuals, or a good installer can wire one so that it doesn't start when the car is in gear at all. I've built one for one of my motorcycles years ago that would only start if the kickstand was down and the bike was out of gear. It's just figuring out the wiring of the vehicle and making sure that you do things safely.

· Registered
185 Posts
you had a remote start on a motorcycle?! What what the use for that? Just curious, never heard of that before and I'm just as much into bikes as I am my xB lol.

· Registered
457 Posts
you had a remote start on a motorcycle?! What what the use for that? Just curious, never heard of that before and I'm just as much into bikes as I am my xB lol.
It was a 92 Honda VFR, so carbureted, it actually needed to warm up. Really the reason I did it was because I could. This was when remote starts were brand new and expensive. I actually built it out of relays, 9 if I remember correctly with all the saftey circuits. I used it to compete in the Alpine Car Audio National shows in the alarm division. Consistantly placed 1st and 2nd just because of the novelty factor. Also was great for scaring people away from the bike. It's amazing how many people think it's ok to hop on the seat of a custom painted bike. Used to scare the **** out of them when the alarm went off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.