Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So I bought my xB a couple weeks ago, drove it for a week, and then put it in the dealers shop for a week. I get it back tomorrow(Friday) and am stoked.

The week I had it I tinted the windows. At the dealer they are repainting the hood as I found a chip on pickup examination and said to the sales guy, your going to take care of that right?. They are also putting a couple other accessories on.

This is it last week:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Very cool, congrats and welcome.

I believe there is no rs xB. I did see on the order thing at the stealership that there are Five Axis editions of the others.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
WELCOME!!!

Grrrr, I love the color and the car, but it sucks that they are using RS colors for stock colors now.:(
But . . .
Makes replacement parts cheaper and easier to find!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
boring...

I agree.

And I HAVE a silver (plan to paint when can afford, always did-> bought silver so non-repainted parts look "metal" rather than some odd color)

·
Registered
307 Posts
From what I've seen, its not a typical silver. Its like a non metallic dark silver - greyish color. Its actually pretty sharp from what I've had the chance to see. Silver would be boring (no offense TJ... lol) but this is different... I'll try to find a pic of it

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Silver looks great spiced up, just as white & black(s). Details and accent hues make a HUGE difference.
Pearl Gray actually can be a GORGEOUS color. I've seen it on an old custom at a museum art-art exhibit.

I like the red. Yellow is a "classic" accent for it, as Ferrari has utllized for decades. Well, technically Ferrari's "house color" is yellow- as on the shield- with red used as the national color background. National colors date back to when countries used national colors for their cars, with accent hues and details to identify the team. Lotus was green and used yellow as the team shade, while fellow British rival BRM used a much darker (near black) green with an orange nose. Porsche and Mercedes both used German silver, while the French used a bright blue. The Shelby Cobra's blue and white, as well as Briggs Cunningham's white and blue, were from the American blue/white colors (also seen on Gurney's early Eagles).

I could go on, but not part of this thread.

·
Registered
328 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
A lot. But, I always want to know more and more.

One: My Canadian geography is horrible.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Love that red!! I almost picked up an RS6 but my RS8 popped up on the radar so I jumped on it. I love my Voodoo but I honestly would have been happy with the red too. A lot of great colors to choose from on the xB for sure!

Congrats man :)

·
Registered
844 Posts
After actually seeing a new commercial for scion (I didn't think they cared),they said that the new RS would be 10 to signify the 10th year of scion.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, the new commercial shows all the scion models have the same color, and some similar accents to signify the 10th anniversary. I too don't like the fact they are using the absolute red, since I own an RS6, they could have used a different shade of red, but I have noticed other years of Toyotas that use the same red, so they are saving money by not making a whole new shade of red. Too bad it's all about the bottom line, not uniqueness.

·
Registered
335 Posts
That's the 10 series. Across all scion lines. Only 10k total will be made. Light up badges. Then they all have their own little features. I think old rs colors should not be released as stock later either. Kinda kills the "exclusivity" of the rs colors

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.