Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I have what I think is a quick/simple question. :p

I bought a 2013 xB 2 years ago this summer, it came with just the basic head unit, non-touch screen model.

I would like to upgrade it to something with Nav & touch screen but I want it to still look stock so I was thinking to just get a new scion Nav unit for it thinking it is going to be easy. I haven't bought anything yet, but I found one on ebay from a 2015 FR-S and it comes with the GPS antenna. This one is a bespoke one I guess.

Now my biggest question is that my car is Canadian we don't have the exact same options as far as I understand when it comes to the head units. Does anyone know if this will still be plug and play? Will I have access to all the features on it?

Anyway... I'd appreciate any help!

· Registered
448 Posts
That has the nav to head unit wire, but not the adapters for installation. You need the two on the right here (the one on the left is optional for USB hookup):

I paid $200 for my head unit with wires and something like $175 for my nav unit with all the wires. The price in that auction is obscene; I'd look for a complete setup with all cables in the $400-500 range max.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll hold off and try to find it someplace else.

I was looking at some pioneer head units too, but they are a bit more expensive in Canada and I need those ugly filler pieces stuck in there. Also it would be more money for the Steering wheel controls & usb & Aux to work if I'm not mistaken...

· Registered
206 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Hey everyone!

I have what I think is a quick/simple question. :p

I bought a 2013 xB 2 years ago this summer, it came with just the basic head unit, non-touch screen model.

I would like to upgrade it to something with Nav & touch screen but I want it to still look stock so I was thinking to just get a new scion Nav unit for it thinking it is going to be easy. I haven't bought anything yet, but I found one on ebay from a 2015 FR-S and it comes with the GPS antenna. This one is a bespoke one I guess.

Now my biggest question is that my car is Canadian we don't have the exact same options as far as I understand when it comes to the head units. Does anyone know if this will still be plug and play? Will I have access to all the features on it?

Anyway... I'd appreciate any help!
I have that one for sale, is just plug and play, gps bespoke unit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.