Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scion is still making the xB for 2015 but now a backup camera is standard. This model has now been out essentially unchanged for a crazy long time. More common now is fully redesigned vehicles every 5 years made popular by imports, domestic cars used to never change except for minor tweaks.

Point of this post is it seems Scion is keeping the xB alive so I can only assume a possible full redesign is in the works. Thoughts?

·
Registered
448 Posts
The federal mandate comes into full effect May 2018, but I believe Toyota has included it on most vehicles as of the 2014.5 partial model year.

The xB was originally rumored to be updated in 2015 (I've actually seen some redesigned interior pictures floating around) but now it looks like 2016 is more likely if the platform isn't discontinued.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sales have dropped to less than half its peak, but we're talking about an aged model with zero advertising. I think it still holds its own especially in value considering we're comparing a model from 2008 to brand new vehicles and redesigned platforms.

I don't think it'll take much of a company like Toyota to redesign and update the xB yet keep it unique and I can see their sales definitely rise again.

As I said before I hope they keep it going with a newly updated model, the value, reliability, utility and what I believe customer satisfaction of it is tough to beat.

·
Registered
846 Posts
How many other cars can on being bought and not have any advertising,just word of mouth and a very positive reputation. Toyota must have got something right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've heard for awhile now that Scion will discontinue the XB. I think Toyota exec Jack Hollis was quoted saying that there are no plans to replace the XB or XD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.