Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the sticky
But the width is confusing..

I plan on running TRD springs on it in the future just to level it out, but I can't decide on size. If I run 20's then I still want the meet to lessen the blows of pothole is LA.

If I go 19, I just want to make sure it will still pop at factory ride height.

anyone notice slower launchs and harder braking with the 20's?

Here are the wheels I want to run

CLICK HERE :book:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
225s fit great IF on the appropriate offset. For 7", that would be a 40. I'm not sure about bigger, as I'm running 16x7 rims. Most 20s are 8-9 inches wide.
Edit: read the 8.5" width. If the offset is something like 30, you should be fine. If closer to 40, it will rub on the inside when the wheels are cranked to extreme right and left. I'm not sure about how 35-offset 8.5 wides compare to 40-offset 7 wides.
Oh, and on 7" wide and 45 offset, there is a slight rub, but not too bad (had Rotas w/ that width). I never heard anything, but did SEE some rubbed plastic where the front of the tire touched on full or near full locked-turn (cranked all the way around to one side or the other to where the steering wheel own't turn any more).
I'd use that as the MAX for width and offset. Then, convert from MM to inches to see what the max offset for a width would be.
-Think 1/2 the inch total difference compared to the total mm of the offset difference.
-end edit-

-Oh, and 225/50/16 rubber fits and clears just great on the stock 16x6.5 (46 offset) steelies or 16x7 (40 offset), fitting both wonderfully. I'm on BF Goodrich G-Force Sport rubber, and VERY happy w/ it. Enough I got a new set on Tues (old set was nearly slicks, so HAD to get new rubber).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah this particular wills I noticed are 8.5. I can order them with a 35 offset. I am wondering what kind of lip that would give me on the outside diameter rim. I guess it also matters if this wheel comes with a 35 offset. So as a rule of thumb I should keep in mind that anything wider than an 8 inch wheel that I will need an offset of 35. I wonder how difficult that will be to find with the wheel what I like?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im running 225/35/20. I don't notice a big differenence on take off but do notice it when stopping. Not to bad though. The ride isn't as bad as I thought it would be either

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im running 225/35/20. I don't notice a big differenence on take off but do notice it when stopping. Not to bad though. The ride isn't as bad as I thought it would be either

Are you lowered or stock? Can you post a pic? Also do you rub at all?

The dilemma is I want to run THESE BFgoodrich so I am noticing from the 20's sizing is that it only comes in 225-30-20 or 245-35-20

Now I would personally prefer the 35 series because I dont want to spend my days (and nights) dodging pot holes.

Now the wheel is 20x8.5 and BGF recommends 225 width for a 7- inch rim and a 245 width for 8-9 inch wheel.

so yeah.. speak on it :boxing:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Error to the odometer doesent concern me, if anything it will contribute slowly to lower mileage over time which just helps my extended warranty..

What I am really concerned with is rubbing. The wheels I am looking at have a 40mm offset and ate a 20x8.5, however the specific tire that I'm looking at only because it is a well known trusted brand with me will only come in a 225 / 30 or 245 / 35. Bfgoodrich Recommends running the 245 on 8-9 inch rim width.

So the question now is if I run the 245 / 35 I will probably most likely rub on turns with a 40 offset. I will probably have to go with the 225 / 30 which is basically a rubber band for a tire

·
Registered
80 Posts
im running 17/225/50 nd i think thats pretty equivalent to your rim tire size nd i get a slight rub at full turn. im at stock ride height. i wanna drop it as well but im worried of the same

·
Registered
368 Posts
We are running on 235-35-19s, TSW wheels with 40 offset, and TRD springs. Not too low but we also have no rubbing and no problems so far. Here is how my son's B looks:

·
Registered
57 Posts
225/35/20 on 20x8.5 installed. Fit great. Can't seem to load pic from phone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Stole this from ClubxB for you. I use Photobucket to host pics to post from my phone.

These would look better as 17 or 18 with a decent drop.
Thanks for the help on the pic. I need to get on photo bucket and upload some pics.

As for lowering, I probably will soon but I do worry about rubbing no matter what springs I use. I have been considering coilovers so I could tweak the ride height and firmness. Any suggestions? Prices?

·
Registered
56 Posts
he'd be better with nf210s, def 210s barely fit my 18s!
i run df 210 on my 20's- honestly i could prob. go another inch in the front and 2-3 in back without rubbing. the first pic is with the df210 and 3 guys 280lbs plus in the back seat.
the second is a pic of ride height with the df210..... if your scared you can get in my pocket, it will be ok:cheers:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Wheel

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Alloy wheel

·
Registered
57 Posts
you are also running 1.5" narrower wheel. I'm not sure about the offset/backspacing of them but they are flush to the fenders.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.