Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's 2010 Stingray Metallic before and after mods.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The door handles and fuel door were my first attempt at vinyl wrapping. The front tow hook is no longer there. When I first installed it, I put thread lock on it and when I tried to remove it to paint it, it broke. At $50 each, I'll wait a little before I buy another. The rear is a benen tow hook. I had to weld in a metal bracket/plate to the existing tow point to get the right fit and angle.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Nice wheels. How do you like the Headrest system?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice wheels. How do you like the Headrest system?
The kids love it:D. They sound great with the stock sound system...surround sound...nice. Haven't tried it with the newly installed subwoofer though.

·
Registered
647 Posts
The kids love it:D. They sound great with the stock sound system...surround sound...nice. Haven't tried it with the newly installed subwoofer though.

I have been looking at the headrest system. They still won't come down too much on the price. The best I have been able to get it for is $1320. It looks really nice in there (like they belong).

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been looking at the headrest system. They still won't come down too much on the price. The best I have been able to get it for is $1320. It looks really nice in there (like they belong).
All my mods have been a combination of new from the dealer and used from Ebay or Craigslist and installed by me. The DVD systems cost me a total of $400. I purchased it from Craigslist for $300 and put in $100 worth of missing parts and installed it myself...

·
Registered
647 Posts
All my mods have been a combination of new from the dealer and used from Ebay or Craigslist and installed by me. The DVD systems cost me a total of $400. I purchased it from Craigslist for $300 and put in $100 worth of missing parts and installed it myself...
Sweet deal. I have been looking for used units but no luck so far. If you happen to stumble on a deal like that again please let me know.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
those door handles look awesome and now that i have seen that it's possible i will be getting mine wrapped! i had been contemplating getting a chrome handle set and painting them but i think vinyl is def the way to go!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
those door handles look awesome and now that i have seen that it's possible i will be getting mine wrapped! i had been contemplating getting a chrome handle set and painting them but i think vinyl is def the way to go!
On the picture they look good but if you were able to see it close up then you would notice the wrinkles on the ends where the handle curves or connects to the door. I could not get those wrinkles out. I don't mind them though. Not too noticeable...to me anyway...

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
i wouldnt attempt to wrap them myself, i'd take everything off and drop off the pieces to my vinyl guy. it wouldbe a lot cheaper than buying black door handles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.