Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I'm changing my interior which includes recovering the headliner I'm going to offer my purple micro suede covered headliner up.

$70 plus your stock headliner

I will even throw in swapping the headliners. Obviously due to the size of a headliner I am not shipping, as the shipping cost would be stupidly expensive, so the buyer will need to be Socal local. I'm in Santa Clarita, near Six Flags Magic Mountain for those that don't know where it is.

·
Registered
185 Posts
lets move to SoCal markio! Seems to be a way better scion presence there! Lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
how hard is it to actually pull the headliner out? I'd love to recover mine but I don't want to mess up the airbags and stuff.

·
Registered
149 Posts
how hard is it to actually pull the headliner out? I'd love to recover mine but I don't want to mess up the airbags and stuff.
It's a medium difficulty is the way I'd describe it. I haven't pulled my xB's headliner but I've pulled about 6 other cars headliners and its all just a matter of being careful and not losing anything. You'll be fine working around air bags as long as your ground is disconnected and you use your hands around them, if tools are necessary be VERY careful around them, don't do any blind surgery. The most difficult thing about it is there's a ton of stuff to take out and it's time consuming, especially for the xB.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's really not too bad and there is no worry about the airbags at all, you don't even need to disconnect the battery. As Garry said there is a lot to take out to do them. You need to remove the A, B, and C-pillars, the sunvisors, map lights, dome lights, and untape the wires going to the map and dome lights from the headliner and untape the antenna line from the headliner as well. The problem with the B & C pillars is that you need to remove the panels below them as they are mounted on top of the pillars.

The basic is remove everything from the top half of the interior and the headliner will then slide out the back hatch.

Also this headliner is now sold.

·
Registered
185 Posts
hmmm seems like I might have to give it a try this summer. I don't mind time consuming. As long as I don't have to remove the battery ill just drive it a day or 2 with no liner. Thanks for the info as always Greg!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I like the "tin roof" ping sound . . .
But, I'm odd.

The headliner isn't that bad to get out.
Once you see how, the B pillar is actually easy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's also a great time to add some sound deadening to the roof when you have the headliner out. It's amazing the difference it makes, especially in the rain.
lol definitely doing it this summer for sure now! My roof rattles like crazy with my subs.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I honestly may be pretty interested in this. Do you have leftover material that matches the headliner? I'll be In LA around the 15th

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
It's really not too bad and there is no worry about the airbags at all, you don't even need to disconnect the battery. You need to remove the A, B, and C-pillars, the sunvisors...
Hi Greg (or anyone),

I know how to remove the sunvison clips near the center of the car (twist and pull the hook, then unclip the base).

Specifically, can you detail how to remove the sunvisor base attachment, and the A-pillar trim?

I've read something about unclipping a cover on the sunvisor base but I don't know exactly where to pry. Also I've read something about turning the A-pillar trim 90 degrees but would like more detail on how to remove the A-pillar trim.

The reasons are, I'm considering installing a Wink 5-panel rearview mirror and I want to know what's under the headliner before I drill holes for the brackets. Also I'm considering running additional wiring up the A-pillar to power things in my overhead console.

Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I honestly may be pretty interested in this. Do you have leftover material that matches the headliner? I'll be In LA around the 15th
Unfortunately I have already sold the headliner. I actually have spare material but it's in the storage unit at my parents place not with me.

Hi Greg (or anyone),

I know how to remove the sunvison clips near the center of the car (twist and pull the hook, then unclip the base).

Specifically, can you detail how to remove the sunvisor base attachment, and the A-pillar trim?

I've read something about unclipping a cover on the sunvisor base but I don't know exactly where to pry. Also I've read something about turning the A-pillar trim 90 degrees but would like more detail on how to remove the A-pillar trim.

The reasons are, I'm considering installing a Wink 5-panel rearview mirror and I want to know what's under the headliner before I drill holes for the brackets. Also I'm considering running additional wiring up the A-pillar to power things in my overhead console.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Here is the info for the sunvisor.

DIY-2nd Gen Sun Visor R&R - Scion xB Interior - Scion xB Forum

For the a-pillar, once you have the lower clips undone you just rotate the bottom portion toward the rear of the vehicle and that lets the upper clip turn enough to be removed. Sorry, no pics of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.